• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shortcake Cake GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Ten is pretty much the draw for this series. There aren’t many shojo that surprise me with who ends up with whom Smile. She’s a great character though and I also appreciated that this volume addressed her best friend’s weird as heck eyes, even as a joke in the back. They seriously freak me out.
clockworkerr0r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I really like the series so far! I wouldn't mind if the story went down a traditional romance route from here, but I think it has the potential to do something unique with all the characters we have so far as well. I think a big reason why I'm enjoying this series so much is because Ten is such a likeable character. I end up disliking a lot of shoujos because the main character just comes off as annoying, but I never got that vibe from Ten. As long as they keep her interesting I'll be happy, lol.
Have you tried out The Roommate Agreement yet? It's a pretty unique romance series that I just started recently. It's about a guy and a girl who end up sharing an apartment due to a miscommunication from the previous tenant. The two struggle with living together, and learning to be friends and to rely on each other. The main character, Yeji, is another female shoujo protag that comes off as unique and she really makes the story a lot more interesting with her strong personality. I also really enjoy the male lead, Aram, as well. He comes off as someone who doesn't really care about anything, but as the series progresses, we get to see just how hard working and dedicated he is. This series is one of my favorite ongoing romance series, so I highly recommend checking it out if you can!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1