• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Crestoria Smartphone Game Gets English Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarusa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
So, as someone who's played every single Tales console game, how do these Tales mobile games work? Obviously you're not going to have the awesome action combat that's the heart of the console games, and running all over town with your finger would be weird, so what are the mechanics? Should I bother?
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 pm Reply with quote
sarusa wrote:
So, as someone who's played every single Tales console game, how do these Tales mobile games work? Obviously you're not going to have the awesome action combat that's the heart of the console games, and running all over town with your finger would be weird, so what are the mechanics? Should I bother?

The last twos Tales of Mobile games where alright. I played a little of them both but could never get really into them and the story because it was all Japanese dubbed and nothing in English.

My advise is to just download it and play it and see how you like it from there... Going off by others advise is not the best way to say to play it or not because some people will say they hate it... but then when you play it... you may LOVE it. This is what I will be doing... AND I HOPE THEY ENGLISH DUB IT!
sarusa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:54 am Reply with quote
Oh I didn't realize this was the first one they'll be releasing in English. Though looking at the Play store now there aren't any others. So yeah, just try it and see. Thanks!

Edit: Apparently Tales of Rays got released in English then shut down a year later, so play while you can I guess.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 am Reply with quote
sarusa wrote:
Oh I didn't realize this was the first one they'll be releasing in English. Though looking at the Play store now there aren't any others. So yeah, just try it and see. Thanks!

Edit: Apparently Tales of Rays got released in English then shut down a year later, so play while you can I guess.

They both came out in English but what I am saying is they still spoke in Japanese and not on English when they launched... there is nothing in here that says this one will be english dubbed.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Another Tales mobile game. You would think they would learn their lesson by now with all the other ones failing so quickly. Hopefully this one offers something different but after watching the others sink and burn I will be cautious about this one.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:26 am Reply with quote
I can't even be excited about these announcements anymore. I love Tales, and the mobile games are actually pretty solid spinoff entries in the franchise, but Bandai-Namco is just terrible at advertising them. And the way they've already screwed over fans by ending both Links and Rays basically back to back... Well, let's just say that I'm not holding my breath over this lasting any length of time in English, unfortunately.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1