• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action School-Live Film Reveals 2nd Trailer, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zekken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm Reply with quote
They are adapting the manga version, not the anime one. That's great.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:47 pm Reply with quote
This may not be as bad as I originally thought. I love the character designs so so much!! They really brought out the characters with just these teaser images!! I'm definitely going to watch!!
AGodOfAll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Zekken wrote:
They are adapting the manga version, not the anime one. That's great.

I dont know if you are joking or being serious here. The manga and anime, while differing in the sequence of some events and focus, are basicaly the same. The trailer showed nothing that made Gakkou Gurashi special, only a basic zombie story with girls in a school.
From the trailer i only discover what it is adapting because the narrator says Gakkou Gurashi.
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:24 pm Reply with quote
AGodOfAll wrote:
[I dont know if you are joking or being serious here. The manga and anime, while differing in the sequence of some events and focus, are basicaly the same.

There are some pretty significant differences between the manga and anime, though, even if they are telling the same basic story. The movie doesn't seem to have Taroumaru, as far as I can also tell, and it also features a shot of the helicopter that exclusively appears in the manga. That points to it drawing directly from the manga's telling of events rather than playing off the anime.
Zekken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 pm Reply with quote
yurigasaki wrote:
AGodOfAll wrote:
[I dont know if you are joking or being serious here. The manga and anime, while differing in the sequence of some events and focus, are basicaly the same.

There are some pretty significant differences between the manga and anime, though, even if they are telling the same basic story. The movie doesn't seem to have Taroumaru, as far as I can also tell, and it also features a shot of the helicopter that exclusively appears in the manga. That points to it drawing directly from the manga's telling of events rather than playing off the anime.

Yes, that's exactly what I was going to answer. They also show Miki's "eye patch".
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I hope if this does good enough that they might adapt the rest of the manga as a live action film series.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Each new trailer keeps making me feel like rewatching the anime in anticipation of the movie--as well as the next manga volume.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 am Reply with quote
Is a precuel staring Kurumi
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1