• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nekopara TV Anime Premieres in January 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 am Reply with quote
Good to hear that the Nekopara anime now has an official release date and that the music producer will be Akiyuki Tateyama who also worked on Kemono Friends. It is also an interesting coincidence that Nekopara will be coming out at the same time as Uchi Tama which looks like a G rated version of Nekopara.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Will the TV show be closer to the OVA which is watchable by all ages, more or less is. Or, will this be closer to the games and not at all be watchable by the family? Hopefully closer to the OVA and relatively ecchi free.
IanC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:18 pm Reply with quote
If it's on TV then there won't be any explicit content and since the bestiality is all anyone cares about this will flop hard.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:16 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
If it's on TV then there won't be any explicit content and since the bestiality is all anyone cares about this will flop hard.

Uh catgirls aren't bestiality and if you think Nekopara's anime is going to flop when the Visual Novels are as big as they are then you're being silly. There's cute anime catgirls, that alone will get people to watch it. Also ecchi series have aired on TV plenty of times even if they're censored, that's what the Blu-Ray releases are for.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

There are dozens of eroge games released each year with catgirls in them and there is a reason that Nekopara became a franchise that is getting an anime. Nekopara has little chance of being the next Fate stay night but the game series is popular because people like the characters and the story. If things go well with the anime Nekopara has the potential to gain a lot of new fans.
Skyletv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the OVA but I hope the TV series isn't as family friendly.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

Yeah, not from what I am seeing.
During the Preview at AX2019 this panel filled one of the largest rooms at the Convention center. The first episode was received very well, I don't see it flopping, but I wouldn't expect any ADULT content either.

This anime will be all ages, fans of Adult content will need to stick with the games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1