• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Dubs for Magical Sempai, 'If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Dem

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Magic senpai is a pretty specific show, but I definitely like this line of family-friendly anime.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping Crunchyroll would simuldub Bookworm so I’m excited for this.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see more dubs from them. Keep up the pace crunchyroll. If you keep going at this pace or faster I may actually soon find it worth it to subscribe to premium here soon.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 pm Reply with quote
So, Magical Sempai starts on the 23rd, and If its for my Daughter starts tomorrow

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/11/16/crunchyroll-to-add-english-dubs-for-magical-sempai-and-more
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:33 am Reply with quote
I'm kinda disappointed they are prioritizing seasonal shows (although I am happy they are dubbing For My Daughter and Bookworm) instead of going back and doing some of their backlog. Place Further Than the Universe is just begging to be dubbed, as well as Laid-Back Camp, Gabriel Dropout, and Planet With. Some more news on the progress of Konosuba season 2 and movie dubs would be nice as well.

Finally, I wish CR would have clarified some questions regarding the Viz Media partnership, and if shows like Konosuba and many others will ever be released on bluray. I know myself and many others would really like to own these shows.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I'm kinda disappointed they are prioritizing seasonal shows (although I am happy they are dubbing For My Daughter and Bookworm) instead of going back and doing some of their backlog. Place Further Than the Universe is just begging to be dubbed, as well as Laid-Back Camp, Gabriel Dropout, and Planet With. Some more news on the progress of Konosuba season 2 and movie dubs would be nice as well.

Finally, I wish CR would have clarified some questions regarding the Viz Media partnership, and if shows like Konosuba and many others will ever be released on bluray. I know myself and many others would really like to own these shows.

Personally, I could make do with a streaming-only Eng. dub of "Place Further Than the Universe" and "Planet With". Same goes for the remaining KonoSuba titles.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

Personally, I could make do with a streaming-only Eng. dub of "Place Further Than the Universe" and "Planet With". Same goes for the remaining KonoSuba titles.

Regardless Crunchyroll still has a ways to go there's no doubt there. But if they continue accelerating things then things should only get better. Funimation wasnt simuldubbing almost everything overnight either like they are now.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:23 pm Reply with quote
a lot of this will likely depend on the availability of the studios they go to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1