Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Franchise Launches New Project


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Azza Murphy



Joined: 08 Jul 2018
Posts: 114
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:03 am Reply with quote
I hope it's them in Adulthood again without Vivio in it because after reading the manga with Vivio in it I was so disappointed with it and hope they don't use that story at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Actar



Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 1063
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:08 am Reply with quote
Coming from a huge Nanoha fan, just stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nate148



Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 182
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:26 am Reply with quote
it's not dead yay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lucio542



Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 169
Location: Brasil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Coming from a huge Nanoha fan, just stop.

What to stop? there are so much projects incomplete in the franchise that would be a error to not continue, if you only like the first anime series then sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WingKing



Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 610
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Probably some mobile game or manga that’ll never see the light of day outside Japan. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Issac Sarrowtail



Joined: 16 May 2011
Posts: 80
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Azza Murphy wrote:
I hope it's them in Adulthood again without Vivio in it because after reading the manga with Vivio in it I was so disappointed with it and hope they don't use that story at all.

I will be honest, anything past StrikerS is a bit of a mess (which itself was uneven).
Vivio is just bland (then there is the fact that it's loli-tastic, with them mugging for the "camera" alot which I am not a fan of), and not that interesting since it is just a tournament arc for a manga. Oh yeah and that Saber-face Olive Sägebrecht's back-story, which is interesting but doesn't last very long since they are technically flash backs for Vivo and a few other characters.
Force.... is VERY uncooked, with lots of ideas but the execution is just sad life, and it still needed maybe 2 years of more development before publishing. Also rather controversial among the shipping & yuri communities. That said, some of those ideas have filtered into the rest of the franchise (see the Reflection & Detonation movies).

Innocent(S) is pretty much the only thing that has any sort of substance to build of off, but that manga/mobile game requires a grounded knowledge of the franchise and locks out any new comers pretty hard because of that.


I will be honest, Seven Arc's needs a new set of writers for this because honestly I think that the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Franchise needs to do something new with all that they got in it but with Masaki Tsuzuki at the helm, I doubt that they are going to get it.
WingKing wrote:
Probably some mobile game or manga that’ll never see the light of day outside Japan. Confused

Believe it or not, the Franchise has done that years ago. It's called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Innocent, which there is a manga based on that setting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heishi



Joined: 06 Mar 2016
Posts: 1123
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quote
They should make Nanoha a totally minor character at this point, add even more main and minor characters, make Touma the MC from now on, make the battles look more like a FF game, and there ya go: The remake to Final Fantasy 8 is finally complete.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WingKing



Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 610
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Issac Sarrowtail wrote:
Believe it or not, the Franchise has done that years ago. It's called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Innocent, which there is a manga based on that setting.


Oh believe me, I know. That was more of a comment borne of general frustration at the difficulty of being a western fan of this franchise, with how little we actually get over here. Like, whatever they’re announcing, based on past history we’re probably never going to get it legally anyway. I’ve already had to import more Nanoha stuff than probably all of my other favorite franchises combined.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BSW



Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 114
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Really the cockroach of anime franchises. Or should I say """anime""" franchises?
Anyways, if it's actually going to be animated, there's no point in them not being in their adult forms, the lolicons already abandoned ship years ago, and adult women are what sell to begin with, not lolis...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sabruness



Joined: 23 Oct 2019
Posts: 59
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quote
The only thing they need to do with Nanoha is fill the huge story gap between A's and StrikerS. Especially Nanoha and crew in middle and high school and the early days of working full time with TSAB. There's at least 4 years of working for TSAB before StrikerS story starts.

Vivid wasnt bad but it wasnt great either. Vivid strike is just forgettable. They cant go forward without wrecking what makes Nanoha.. Nanoha. They need to go backwards and fill the big gaps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel



Joined: 11 Dec 2016
Posts: 159
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:54 am Reply with quote
I would love it if it's a new series using the alternate timeline with the characters from Eltria.

It means we get super op stron enemies to go up against formula mode.

Or hopefully ViVid Continues or a Force, maybe even Innocents.

It better not be another ViVid Strike! I did not like that at all, what a bad show that was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BSW



Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Posts: 114
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:22 am Reply with quote
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel wrote:

It better not be another ViVid Strike! I did not like that at all, what a bad show that was.


That edgefest, but with no-actual-stakes tournament disaster with unlikable characters was definitely the low point of a dying franchise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
njprogfan
Subscriber



Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 722
Location: A River Named Toms
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:51 am Reply with quote
I would love to get into this series/world, so would someone please pick up this and put it on blu-ray! Rightstuf? Eastern Star? Discotek? Anyone?????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Issac Sarrowtail



Joined: 16 May 2011
Posts: 80
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:53 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
That was more of a comment borne of general frustration at the difficulty of being a western fan of this franchise, with how little we actually get over here. Like, whatever they’re announcing, based on past history we’re probably never going to get it legally anyway. I’ve already had to import more Nanoha stuff than probably all of my other favorite franchises combined.


That is rather annoying, but I am old-school... so it's something that I have just accepted that comes with the territory. Plus, as much as I like anime, I don't expect to get every little thing from japan. In some matters, it's best that we don't.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel wrote:
I would love it if it's a new series using the alternate timeline with the characters from Eltria.

I don't know, I mean... once the movies were done, I was done with Eltria as a setting.

Quote:
Or hopefully ViVid Continues

I hope not, Vivid makes Drangon Ball Z's arc fatigue look interesting.
Quote:
It better not be another ViVid Strike! I did not like that at all, what a bad show that was.

Yeah, well Vivid Strike biggest crime is being related to Vivid in any way. Many of it's production and narrative failings Strike shares with Vivid proper (which is funny when you consider the anime's were done by two different studios). The back-stories that don't mean much, the lack of stakes to a fight (so no tension), the protags being blank slates and uninteresting. The only thing that Strikes avoids (for some reason, because the franchise is rife with it) is the fan-service, and when you consider that alot of the "fan-service" in Vivid proper is "loli-tastic, with them mugging for the 'camera' alot "... That might be the only good thing to Stirke.
Sabruness wrote:
The only thing they need to do with Nanoha is fill the huge story gap between A's and StrikerS. Especially Nanoha and crew in middle and high school and the early days of working full time with TSAB. There's at least 4 years of working for TSAB before StrikerS story starts.

I will be honest, I am not sure that Seven Arc's can handle that, because the conclusion is set. If only because StirkerS exists, so writing around that will likely prove difficult and as I said with Masaki Tsuzuki at the helm.... something original or interesting is not going to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ_



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 2301
Location: Wallington, NJ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
Oh believe me, I know. That was more of a comment borne of general frustration at the difficulty of being a western fan of this franchise, with how little we actually get over here. Like, whatever they’re announcing, based on past history we’re probably never going to get it legally anyway. I’ve already had to import more Nanoha stuff than probably all of my other favorite franchises combined.


Pretty much this!

I've owned the Geneon/FUNimation DVDs of Nanoha & A's for almost 11 years now (got into it fansubbed before buying and after watching the DVDs, became a fan of one of the dub VAs) and would still like to own more without having to import (which other than the movies, would be pointless because of no subs) and I was hoping we would get something with the theatrical screening for Reflection that happened a while back but nothing, not even a screening for Detonation.

There was the streaming deal with Amazon but of course that's not the same as owning physically plus there were issues with that from the start (QC problems, lack of ViVid season plus the US-only Anime Strike paywall that was around for a year). The fact that Crunchyroll never got any of it when ViVid was coming out means if animated, we probably won't see this new thing here legally either unless Amazon gets it too....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group