• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Banished From The Heroes' Party Anime Reveals Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:29 pm Reply with quote
The lead actually looks like Bishonen Ishigami (also voiced by Ryota Suzuki).

The girls all look cute, especially the Main Heroine and Sora Amamiya's characters.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:14 am Reply with quote
Art style shift is going to take some getting used to. Honestly, light novel/manga style suited it perfect.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:19 am Reply with quote
Oh, I like this one.

It's a love the skill system: Every person is born with a "Blessing" from the gods, its completely random, you can be a peasant and get an skill fit for a king or vise versa, they manifest as you grow, kinda like a HeroAca quirk.

The blessings are not unique and can affect your personality for the better or the worse, the main characters' blessing is to be lv30 from the get go, he is that character in games like Fire Emblem who is quite useful in the beginning but is no good for the endgame so, he gets kicked from the team and decides to open the store.

Also, since he doesn't have a proper skill he masters the novice skills like Kasuma.

The plot is about he and Rit falling in love as they build the store and solve mysteries together, we also see what the heroes' team are doing from time to time.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:37 am Reply with quote
Aw, for a second I thought this was Sexiled and got excited for a feminist yuri series. Oh, well. Minos_Kuromada description makes it sound cute.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:15 pm Reply with quote
as we were talking about revenge isekai because of rape of the rape hero being previewed this one was mentioned.
this is by far the best revenge isekai. what is a better revenge than being happy and succesful? i love this one , though i am only familiar with the manga.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:29 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
as we were talking about revenge isekai because of rape of the rape hero being previewed this one was mentioned.
this is by far the best revenge isekai. what is a better revenge than being happy and succesful? i love this one , though i am only familiar with the manga.

Just to clarify:

"This is not an Isekai, no young people were run over by trucks on the making of this anime."
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Just to clarify:

"This is not an Isekai, no young people were run over by trucks on the making of this anime."

And additionally, rape of rape hero isn't an isekai either.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Name is Red, but wears a blue like color. I'm watching this for Rit. Cool
Saiphaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Ah... this one also got an animation. Not going to lie chief, not a fan.
spoiler[
Really dislike the MC. Gets portrayed as brave, smart, responsible and whatever, yet he ditc- I mean, get forced to renounce to his post by the flimsiest of excuses from a guy whose attitude screams "untrustworthy", and accepts far too quickly that he can no longer be of help in a world that desperately needs powerful people in the vanguard, and leaves his little sister, burdened with the heaviest of fates and her own "blessing" that in her case is more of a mental disease, alone with a sociopath fully willing to take advantage of her.

And we're supposed to cheer for him as he's an overpowered doormat living an idyllic life with his runaway princess waifu and being adored by everyone because of course he would, in this perfect fantasy village, while far away people are dying in a war he could be helping fight, yet he doesn't. Why? Because he's not as powerful as the hero's party, nevermind his level is far above the average person, and has a wealth of experience, not only in combat but in logistics, which the manga uses to justify why he was secretly the main pillar of the hero's group and the most important person ever, yet he's choosing not to share.]

I know this is not isekai, but it's a product of a downwards trend, isekai helped create, where it's okay for main characters to not be heroic, and we're supposed to cheer as they ignore the turmoil in the rest of the world and do mundane things, yet stumble their way into saving the world, because the plot bends backwards to justify every single choice they make.
I liked Konosuba, but I also recognize it as the one that started this trend, and I really resent it for that.
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:25 am Reply with quote
Not a fan of the character designs for the anime at all. Lit looks especially weird and less "serious-looking" from the impression her manga design left me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1