Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shed That Skin, Ryugasaki-kun! vol. 1




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Morry



Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 755
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 pm Reply with quote
lol One of the best (if freaky) comedy romances. Especially spoiler[the sex].
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dm



Joined: 24 Sep 2010
Posts: 643
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Where you go if Mysterious Girlfriend X is too mainstream for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2351
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:35 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
Where you go if Mysterious Girlfriend X is too mainstream for you.

Uh, you're setting the bar too low, I don't think much of anything tops this among 'normal' manga, spoiler[they had their 'first night', with her in her reptile form, see chapters 59-60...]
^WARNING!, spoilers and squick, proceed at your own risk. I mean it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brainchild129



Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Posts: 268
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, this premise gives me the heebie-jeebies.

It's not even so much the lizard girl part or even turning something like skin-shedding into a fanservice moment. It's the "gathers her skin to make an effigy" part. Building an effigy of your crush out of detritus from their body is just all sorts of creepy, whether it's toenails or ABC gum or skin shards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nordhmmer



Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 799
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
dm wrote:
Where you go if Mysterious Girlfriend X is too mainstream for you.

Uh, you're setting the bar too low, I don't think much of anything tops this among 'normal' manga, spoiler[they had their 'first night', with her in her reptile form, see chapters 59-60...]
^WARNING!, spoilers and squick, proceed at your own risk. I mean it...


lizard porn from a nature channel...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 887
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Uh, you're setting the bar too low, I don't think much of anything tops this among 'normal' manga, spoiler[they had their 'first night', with her in her reptile form, see chapters 59-60...]
^WARNING!, spoilers and squick, proceed at your own risk. I mean it...

I really doubt volume 1 covered 60 chapters, so it's not really considerate to give spoilers for future volumes (I guess from scanlations?) even if spoiler tagged. Only 2 volumes have been released in English, by the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nordhmmer



Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 799
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
Uh, you're setting the bar too low, I don't think much of anything tops this among 'normal' manga, spoiler[they had their 'first night', with her in her reptile form, see chapters 59-60...]
^WARNING!, spoilers and squick, proceed at your own risk. I mean it...

I really doubt volume 1 covered 60 chapters, so it's not really considerate to give spoilers for future volumes (I guess from scanlations?) even if spoiler tagged. Only 2 volumes have been released in English, by the way.


So if it's not in the english language then a LN or manga does not exist eh?

Also spoiler tags are for sharing spoilers ... If it's not your cup of tea then do not look.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gem-Bug



Joined: 10 Nov 2018
Posts: 252
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I mean it's an article/thread about the first volume. Folks are going to assume things in spoiler tags are from -that- volume. It would be different to say what volume/chapters the spoilers where from -outside- the spoiler tags, and then folks can choose whether or not to look, knowing it's from later in the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 4733
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:54 pm Reply with quote
There is no such assumption when it comes to spoilers. Many times we talk about the series as a whole. The whole purpose of spoiler tags is to give you a choice, while still allowing discussion. This has been true of other series whose future spoilers were much more far reaching and impactful.

I like this manga series. Interesting that they spoiler[are going to go that far.], since it is rarely done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 2351
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I like this manga series. Interesting that they spoiler[are going to go that far.], since it is rarely done.

Well, the effect is somewhat lessened due to the fact that spoiler[it happens off-screen between chapters, instead we get a rather extensive description of how a cloaca works. And, they fail that time, copulation between a human and a kodomo dragon(she's literally akin to one in her lizard form) does seem to present some...difficulties, no matter how entrenched one's fetishes...]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group