• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! School Idol Festival 2 Miracle Live! Game Announced for Smartphones

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope this doesn’t mean that original SIF is ending service.
senketsumatoi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:41 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Same, but it's highly likely that will be the case as I'm not sure if Bushiroad will want to support two similar games. Guess we'll have to wait and see for more details...would hope that we'd be able to transfer progress to the new game if SIF does eventually end service, but I won't hold my breath for it
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:46 pm Reply with quote
senketsumatoi wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Same, but it's highly likely that will be the case as I'm not sure if Bushiroad will want to support two similar games. Guess we'll have to wait and see for more details...would hope that we'd be able to transfer progress to the new game if SIF does eventually end service, but I won't hold my breath for it

Uggggh I’ve spent so much money on SIF! I don’t wanna lose my cards!
NormanS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Curious on what kind of genre of game it'll be. The normal expectation would be the same as the first SIF game with its button rhythm game.

Personally i hope for something completely different like a raising sim game like Uma Musume. Or like the console idolmaster games which is both raising sim and rhythm game.
YumeGipsu2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:57 pm Reply with quote
NormanS wrote:
Curious on what kind of genre of game it'll be. The normal expectation would be the same as the first SIF game with its button rhythm game.

Personally i hope for something completely different like a raising sim game like Uma Musume. Or like the console idolmaster games which is both raising sim and rhythm game.

Considering this is a numbered sequel unlike All Stars, it should at least still be a rhythm game at it's core. I do look forward to what new things they will add though.
Jindujun93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:56 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
senketsumatoi wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Uggggh I’ve spent so much money on SIF! I don’t wanna lose my cards!

I think I might as well rip off the bandaid early here so that you can mentally prepare yourself - do not expect anything resembling progress transfer. At best, and I really mean at best, there might be little bonuses if you played the original SIF, but things like transferring cards is out of the question.

For one, a change of developer is quite likely. SIF is being handled by KLab, but to say that KLab has been on rather tense terms with Bushiroad lately is putting it lightly - KLab is struggling and already had to give up SIFAS to another developer, and even still, KLab's profits are dwindling further and further while SIF itself falls behind more and more. Even in SIF itself, the writing it on the wall because they've been skewing more and more to quick cashgrab techniques over the last 12 months, which is usually a sign of them trying out some last money before it's too late (especially with moves like paid-only birthday boxes and incessant releases of more and more limited cards). KLab also isn't mentioned anywhere in regards to SIF2, except for one single illustration. It seems more likely Bushiroad will either cooperate with somebody else, or take it into their own hands entirely, but KLab seems out.

The other, and just as pressing point is... formatting. Even when it initially released, the resolution for SIF cards was on the lower end so that older phones at the time could play it. Nowadays when it comes to rhythm game gachas where the cards are a major selling point, this just doesn't cut it anymore (big reason why SIFAS switched to a different card format, though that wasn't a rhythm game anymore). It's also a matter of the cards in SIF not even being in the same format as how you're holding the phone while actually playing the game (the cards being vertical, the game being horizontal), and if they keep it a rhythm game, which they most likely will, they'll stay with the horizontal format - much better fit for games like this. This also means SIF2 would also make the switch over to horizontal cards, and mix-and-match is a no-go. They'd have to discard the previous cards entirely. (Especially if KLab is not involved anymore, might otherwise be a bit of a legal nightmare.)

At best, they might release cards inspired by the most popular SIF cards - SIFAS did the same. But don't expect anything beyond that. Honestly though? It's for the better. Ever since the Encore meta started in SIF, it's been really unfun, and the game needed a hard reset from that for a long time now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1