• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga Gets New TV Anime This Year

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:50 am Reply with quote
I was afraid the rest of the manga might get movies instead of anime! Glad they stick to the Anime/TV Format! <3 Though i am still waiting for the movie to come to the west! Hopefully it will come out before the anime xD
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:15 am Reply with quote
Considering all the money the movie made, I knew something like this was going to happen at some point.
anstar019

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:16 am Reply with quote
Noooooooooo, It is only going to be a 12 episode series now.

But Well, It is better than nothing.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:30 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Considering all the money the movie made, I knew something like this was going to happen at some point.

You do know that since this is coming out this year, it means that it's been in production for a while now, right? I don't think they went "oh it's raining money, better green light it now".
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:32 am Reply with quote
Zagnaphein wrote:
I was afraid the rest of the manga might get movies instead of anime!

So was I. I was thinking they'd try the same model as the Space Battleship Yamato and Legend of the Galactic Heroes remakes, where each season is initially split in a series of compilation movies, which are then split in 24-minute episodes for the home video release, streaming and TV broadcast. Still, going straight to TV and streaming is a much faster delivery system that will reach more people, even though the production committee won't get that sweet box office money.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am Reply with quote
Isn't there a rumor about Fuji TV apparently meddling with the contents of that arc since according to the rumors they want to stick to the primetime timeslot, and it seems that arc in particular has ""inappropriate content""?
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:54 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Isn't there a rumor about Fuji TV apparently meddling with the contents of that arc since according to the rumors they want to stick to the primetime timeslot, and it seems that arc in particular has ""inappropriate content""?

Rumours are always rumours my friend don't listen to them! Also right now i don't think anyoen can stop KnY! There have been prime time slot anime beeing way dark then the current arc.
Abraham Omosun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:58 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Isn't there a rumourabout Fuji TV apparently meddling with the contents of that arc since according to the rumors they want to stick to the primetime timeslot, and it seems that arc in particular has ""inappropriate content""?

You said it yourself, it is a rumour and it is not like as if we can confirm/deny it with any info we have (a visual and a 1 minute PV) Also if Fuji TV was getting too troublesome for the production committee, they could always move to any number of stations that will be more than happy to air it.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:00 am Reply with quote
anstar019 wrote:

Is everyone notice there's a trend of animes who used to have season one (or two for some) with two cours ended up have season two (or more) with one cour due to one arc (like "anime X X arc"). For example: Blue Exorcist, The Irregular at Magic High School, Dr Stone and Log Horizon.

If Jujutsu Kaisen will have season 2 (probably likely), is JJK will be another anime who may have season two focusing one arc and have one cour? Somehow I don't like that trend.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:10 am Reply with quote
anstar019 wrote:

I didn't see anything about season two being only 12 episodes long in this article.
anstar019

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:31 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
anstar019 wrote:

I didn't see anything about season two being only 12 episodes long in this article.

This season is called Yūkaku-hen or Entertainment District Arc. This is a 30 chapter long arc. So, Even according to S1's pacing they can adapt the entire thing in a single cour season.
Hal14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:41 am Reply with quote
anstar019 wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:
anstar019 wrote:

This season is called Yūkaku-hen or Entertainment District Arc. This is a 30 chapter long arc. So, Even according to S1's pacing they can adapt the entire thing in a single cour season.

The title of a season doesn't dictate all the material that will be adapted. For instance, this season Log horizon 3 was titled 'Destruction of the round table' and that was resolved in 5 episodes.
That's Big!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:51 am Reply with quote
Excellent news Very Happy I was waiting for this and the movie was too big to ignore.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 am Reply with quote
Amazing news, seeing how the movie and manga broke records I have to wonder how succesful this new season is going to be. Also, just a couple of weeks ago Demon Slayer was added to Netflix with a pretty good Neutral Spanish dub so I hope they can dub the movie and this new season with the same cast as soon as possible, especially since the series is also gaining a lot of popularity worldwide.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:08 am Reply with quote
Woo Yeah Baby! That's What I've Been Waiting For, That's What It's All About!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2