• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Hajime no Ippo OVA, Original Anime's 76th Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v_c

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I want a new season of Hajime no Ippo. Its high time that it gets one
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:24 pm Reply with quote
v_c wrote:
Welp there's more then enough content to do it. The last anime season dropped off around the 500ish chapter. The manga is now up to chapter 1358. Sadly at the rate it's going I'm expecting it end like Berserk with no ending unless George does a Golgo 13 with a plan in place. spoiler[Ippo is still "retired"] for instanced and George is 55 years old last time I checked.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:35 pm Reply with quote
v_c wrote:

With combat sports anime doing huge business for Netflix (Baki, Kengan, and then there’s them advertising Cobra Kai alongside their other martial arts anime) you would think someone would commission more Ippo. We can only hope,
ShinuZERO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

With combat sports anime doing huge business for Netflix (Baki, Kengan, and then there’s them advertising Cobra Kai alongside their other martial arts anime) you would think someone would commission more Ippo. We can only hope,

Ya know, that's genius. Netflix would be the perfect place for Ippo. I bet I'd be able to get a few of my non-anime watching friends into it if they had it there. I'm pretty sure the recent Discotek releases of Ippo have been doing well and I think through word of mouth the series has gained more of a following thanks to some ani-tubers. I'd say it's as perfect a time as any for a new series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1