• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Megaton Musashi Anime Gets 2nd Season Next Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:39 am Reply with quote
That seems like quite a while from now. How long is the current season supposed to be?

Wonder if there's any chance we'll ever get that streaming overseas, in the mean time.
James02

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:00 am Reply with quote
I'm really surprised by this because the game bombed in Japan and this anime is just supposed to promote the game or at least that is what I thought. Plus I heard that the brand has been discontinued in the U.S..
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:05 am Reply with quote
Not sure about the game, but apparently the viewership of the anime in Japan was pretty good. I was actually looking forward to this series but it ended up not being licensed.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a transparent example of a production committee too invested to pull out. Level-5 also announced a big expansion for the game set to be released alongside season 2, suggesting this was all planned before the game's commercial failure.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:40 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Not sure about the game, but apparently the viewership of the anime in Japan was pretty good. I was actually looking forward to this series but it ended up not being licensed.

So the anime was well recevied? I wonder if there's any plans to distribute the anime and videogame to other countries, perhaps that way the game will sell better
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1