• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Force Manga Ends in 'A Few' Chapters, 'About' 2 Volumes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockSplash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:42 pm Reply with quote
So, what even happened in this story? For anyone reading, I stopped at the end of season 2. Is it better than soul eater? The only thing I have heard from in this series is some controversy.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the anime will become a full adaption...
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:58 pm Reply with quote
To think that Atsushi Ohkubo is two manga chapters away from retiring, then. Well, it was a great ride. I enjoyed the manga, and I loved the anime. I hope there's a 3rd season and a full anime adaptation overall.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:
To think that Atsushi Ohkubo is two manga chapters away from retiring, then. Well, it was a great ride. I enjoyed the manga, and I loved the anime. I hope there's a 3rd season and a full anime adaptation overall.

You mean two manga volumes. That's about 18 chapters.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh? Interesting. It's possible the 3rd season could cover what remains, so hopefully we'll see that happen.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:45 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:

No. He said he has two manga chapters left to draw. I wasn't talking about his retirement in terms of how many volumes when I mentioned that quantity. Read the article again.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:

No. He said he has two manga chapters left to draw. I wasn't talking about his retirement in terms of how many volumes when I mentioned that quantity. Read the article again.

No, he's right. The article says volume 34 will be the last volume and volume 32 came out in Japan December 17. If we divide the existing chapters between existing volumes, immblueversion's guess of ~9 per volume is pretty accurate. Of course the magazine version might be ahead, but unlikely whole two volumes.(Latest chapter magazine chapter is 297 and last chapter of volume 32 was 286)

Perhaps he meant he's drawn the rough versions of all but last two chapters(?).
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Fire Force Season 2 was kind of let down compared to the first, lets hope this series finish strong and then can we please get a remake of Soul Eater that is completely faithful to the manga
Joa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
immblueversion wrote:

No, he's right. The article says volume 34 will be the last volume and volume 32 came out in Japan December 17. If we divide the existing chapters between existing volumes, immblueversion's guess of ~9 per volume is pretty accurate. Of course the magazine version might be ahead, but unlikely whole two volumes.(Latest chapter magazine chapter is 297 and last chapter of volume 32 was 286)

Perhaps he meant he's drawn the rough versions of all but last two chapters(?).

He said on the stream that he has two chapters left to draw, but that there are a few chapters left to be published. It just means that he's ahead of schedule and that all but two chapters are already finished, even though they haven't been published yet.
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:15 am Reply with quote
Hopefully its a case of the publisher letting Okubo finish the series when he wants rather than persuading him to continue it. Though it might be the last manga he serialises I hope we continue to see his work in the future (I want to see him do some character designs for a game or anime series that isn't an adaptation of his own work).

If you've made the money you want and can live comfortably go for it Okubo-san. Maybe he'll go back on his previous words and start a new series in a couple of years as its not the first time a creator says its their last work, then that changes.
Shaddy_Pl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:13 am Reply with quote
If the 9 chapter per volume will still be true, and he want to end it in volume 34, then we have 7 chapters left.
simona.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:14 am Reply with quote
I really hope he changed his mind about quitting.
It would be such a huge loss (TωT)
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:02 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Fire Force Season 2 was kind of let down compared to the first, lets hope this series finish strong and then can we please get a remake of Soul Eater that is completely faithful to the manga

yeah Fire Force was getting a little boring around season 2 but a Soul Eater brotherhood is something we've been needing for ages
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:18 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

There is something called Character Build up and Progression. S2 was fine with what offered i don't get why people complain especially when we learned so many things! Hopefully the rest of the manga will be adapted on S3+4 or a decent paced S3.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I like Fire Force for what it is while not a remarkable title I wouldn't mind checking out the manga in greater detail maybe one of these days when I actually make the time to read over 20 volumes of manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2