• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tiger & Bunny 2 Anime's English-Subtitled Trailer Previews New Heroes, Unison Square Garde

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:02 am Reply with quote
It's nice to see the old gang back together and Tiger and Barnaby trying to remain relevant.

I know exactly who Karina is looking at with her playing with her hair like that and it's a certain old man with facial hair...

The new heroes look interesting, and it seems like part of the season will be establishing them and their whole deal while also featuring the further adventures of the main cast. I wonder about new villains though. And will Kaede ever become a hero?
GNPixie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I hope that they don't strip the ads from the suits when it comes west. When the first season was added to Netflix initially, the suits were stripped of all the ads and they looked so bland in comparison.
TAnthonyAuld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:06 pm Reply with quote
[nods with tears in his eyes] JUSTICE IS BACK (It's been too long)

I've never gotten around watching the movies. Do I even need to watch them in preparation for Season 2?
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:40 pm Reply with quote
OMG! They've committed sin. Blue Rose is CG now. That was the one thing you could not mess up and you messed up. No reason at all for that change. They can't keep getting away with this. I miss Pepsi Nex.
JRPictures

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:24 pm Reply with quote
TAnthonyAuld wrote:

I've never gotten around watching the movies. Do I even need to watch them in preparation for Season 2?

I think they might be a bit necessary, the second one moreso.

T&B: The Beginning is split into 2 halves. First half is episodes 1 and 2 of the show edited together with some extra scenes and the second half is a totally new story of the heroes going up against a villain.

T&B: The Rising is a direct sequel to the show and there's some elements in its story that I imagine S2 will be dealing with (such as Lunatic's character or the changing landscape of the hero business)
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:36 am Reply with quote
TAnthonyAuld wrote:

The 2nd one definitely, the 1st movie is skippable.

Haha, the newbie guys look like mini Tiger & Bunny clones. I wonder if there'll be tension there. Magical Cat also looks like she might give Blue Rose a run for her money o.o
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1