• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Immoral Guild (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:38 am Reply with quote

Immoral Guild (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 10 Volumes, by Taichi Kawazoe)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio: TNK

Genres: comedy, fantasy

Theme: ecchi, harem

Plot Summary: Kikuru Madan has decided to retire out of fear of wasting his youth. One day, a guild staff member suggests that he go on a quest with a new female martial artist named Hitamu Kyan. However, she keeps getting hit by monsters one after another.

Air Date & Platform:
October 5, 2022 (Wednesday)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:33 am Reply with quote
Right now, there does not appear to be a legit distributor for this in NA. If one pops up, I'll check it out.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I did watch this show, and generally tried to watch the uncensored version. I will say that some of its sexiness was good, I do have a spot for this styled fantasy service, but it was also mostly poisoned to me. Most of the heroines either looked very much like children (even as just graduated school), or acted such in a way that didn't really feel that cool for when they ended up in the service scenes. Not to mention that the fanservice in this was pretty much entirely non-consensual, usually monsters molesting girls, and I will say they probably were not actually enjoying themselves.

Likable fanservice characters were then Enome, as she was a clear adult, whose mother status made her hotter, and I would even be okay with the comedy of her daughter walking in on easily misunderstood scenes. And also Noma, because they also felt more adult, and dang do we need more fanservice with characters like them. Okay, I think that androgynous elves are probably up there for my personal.... interests. That slime scene with Noma was probably my Favorite in the entire show.

Talking about this subgenre, I won't even be a whole joy kill on the idea of nonconsenting stuff with fantasy monsters, I am admitting that this is actually a subgenre I am familiar with, even if some might say there is some part of bad taste to it. Perhaps looking like I am taking this too seriously, I have a couple points for it to be fun. First that it is not just an animal, that is not something that feels too much like bestiality. And another is that the humanoid "victim" is enjoying their time that maybe they are not trying to run away the second they have the chance. On that second part I am thinking that the show couldn't do that because it would ruin some idea of pure heroines, and not say a guild of immoral perverts, which I think that ironically, I think that the name of the show is trying to say.

Yes, this show was trashy, but outside of the fact that so much of its raunchiness was girls coded as quite young being forcibly molested, I was kind of into other aspects of the show. Although I am not too certain about its need to focus on the fact that there was an explanation for the monsters getting all molesty/rapey. It kind of gives me this thought that a raunchy show should be allowed to be raunchy without having to come up with a reason for the raunchy, or making the characters pure, I would like to say it could be more confident.

Also, more femboy elves please! I think that I already went on a rant for another show that it feels like the archetype and similar have been completely missing from fanservice shows, in that a harem anime was more willing to do a reveal of being a girl, than have a cute character implied to have a penis.

My rating overall of Decent (6/10), I didn't lose my time, but it was also a tossup of stuff that I thought was in bad taste, and other parts I thought were pretty cool. If for instance the main fanservice characters included a character a character that did not look like a kid or acted like one from being naive or that berserk mode, I probably would have automatically pushed it up higher. Alas Noma wasn't in it enough. And much higher if it wasn't so rapey.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, the whole series is up on Highdive and it's no Interspecies Reviewers, plays the molestation for laughs and too short to register as "sexy". Not sure if it's worth trying to get into.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:08 am Reply with quote
I believe that there was a thread alread made under its Japanese name
Futoku no Guild (TV).

I put my thoughts there. I too thought that it was mostly tasteless with its amount of molestation fetishization. I thought that there was better ways similar things could have been done, and maybe be in line with Interspecies Reviewers.

But I was also totally guilty pleasure with Noma Rune, who at least was not as childish as the rest of the cast, and I think fit a role that has kind of become underserviced in ecchi anime, a feminine male character. And also my current avatar.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:55 am Reply with quote
And here I was thinking there had been an oversight because the series wasn't streaming in the US (I scrolled down but didn't see an entry)...Thanks for letting know! Also wondered where you got your new avatar, looks good. Now I'll have to see...
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Merged threads & moved within the index to match the title with the ANN encyclopaedia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1