• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: I Fell for My Friend's Older Sister + My Older Sister's Friend is Annoying

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenfra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I felt the age gap was alright. For me, it isn't about how far apart they are, as much as it's about how it's executed.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:12 pm Reply with quote
When you are 16 the five year age gap to 21 seems insurmountable (as it should be in most cases). If a relationship is established people tend to look funny at the older member of the couple. However, when you are 20 the same age gap to to 25 is not so much of a big deal. The older you get the less important it is. Somewhere in that four year period from 16 to 20 people do most of the maturing they are going to do.

I've seen complaints as to how "arbitrary" placing the age of adulthood at 18 is. However it is the best guess we have now. The only alternative is some form of testing for maturity. Many so called adults would never pass.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:33 pm Reply with quote
People complain about age gaps in manga too much. Rolling Eyes
The art looks very nice....I'm a bit interested.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1