• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network Streams No. 6 TV Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I want to stream it from TAN in order to bolster its ratings to help persuade Sentai to release it dubbed, but at the same time, I'd rather watch it from Crunchyroll, where I already have an account.

I could just wait and buy it on DVD, to influence a dubbed re-release, but also watching the stream is akin to getting an extra "vote" for a dub.

Do we know if the Crunchyroll numbers for streaming influence Sentai?
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
I would guess that Crunchyroll would provide its numbers to Sentai, since they have the license. What I don't understand is why their streaming schedule is so far behind. Crunchy is already streaming the 5th episode for premium members.

Been watching Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth at TAN, and really enjoying it. They have four episode up right now for registered users. Enjoying it very much.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I would guess that Crunchyroll would provide its numbers to Sentai, since they have the license. What I don't understand is why their streaming schedule is so far behind. Crunchy is already streaming the 5th episode for premium members.

No, there is no relationship between the stream on CR and the stream on TAN. Sentai generally only has access to the numbers on Anime Network's site. The CR stream is a separate contract that they don't have any access to.

The dubbing of Demon King Daimao was determined solely by the streaming numbers on Anime Network.

I imagine the are running 5 weeks behind because CR likely has an exclusive window to stream the episodes, since they obviously don't have an exclusive license all around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1