• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere's 2nd Promo, Opening Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote
fan-service is killing animes, I feel sorry for whoever wasting his talents on making crap like this, I just hope that VAs won't be forced to play rules in such animes just to make their living.
marek1712

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
fan-service is killing animes, I feel sorry for whoever wasting his talents on making crap like this, I just hope that VAs won't be forced to play rules in such animes just to make their living.

+1
It was fun few years ago when it wasn't basis of every anime, just an addition...
darkonezero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
marek1712 wrote:
Banjo wrote:

+1
It was fun few years ago when it wasn't basis of every anime, just an addition...

You guy are overreacting, this isn't nearly as bad as other stuff that's to come and currently airing. I'm cutting this one some slack since the fanservice seems based in character design more than choreography, there hasn't been a panty-shot in any of the trailers.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:

As fan service goes, this one looks to be on the light side. Even though I was "sensitized" to it by reading your message first, all I noticed was big bouncy boobs on some of the females, and not much else.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
don't care what people said. i'm adding this one to my next reason's watch list. Anime God likes me. This year there are just too many anime that I like. next season is going to be crazy.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:

People whining about <insert_here> killing anime is killing anime. How would he be "wasting" his talent when he wants to make this? It might be a waste of your time to watch it, but it won't be a waste of his talent, time or effort to make it if he enjoys it. And VAs have many choices. No one is forced to do anything.

Spotlesseden wrote:
don't care what people said. i'm adding this one to my next reason's watch list. Anime God likes me. This year there are just too many anime that I like. next season is going to be crazy.

+1
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The visual designs for this show are amazing. Everything looks so *cool*. And I love how the girls have such huge breasts. IMHO, recent anime has been lacking in the "huge breasts" department.

If the setting/story/content can match excellence of the visuals, this might be my favorite anime of the season.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Banjo wrote:

People whining about <insert_here> killing anime is killing anime. How would he be "wasting" his talent when he wants to make this? It might be a waste of your time to watch it, but it won't be a waste of his talent, time or effort to make it if he enjoys it. And VAs have many choices. No one is forced to do anything.

Nothing is killing anything. Even Hollywood survives! Bayformers thrives! Shyamalan keeps getting to do the twists he loves! Laughing
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:27 am Reply with quote
I can just tell already that this one will be difficult for me to watch. The character designs with the disappearing noses. Takes me right out of the narrative and dialog. That, and the boob socks. Clothes aren't made that way... just too weird looking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1