• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin Anime Green-Lit

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri94

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:14 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: No. -TK]
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:21 am Reply with quote
YOSH!

If this is the Revenge Arc anime I've been waiting for since the latter 90s, I will weep tears of joy. I think Saito's original voice actor has died since then, but it would be great for them to assemble the rest of the old cast and give the series the last third of its manga story. If they did a huge reworking like FMA: Brotherhood, that would also be interesting, but hell...at this point, I'll take what I can get.

Also, huge excitement at being able to get the OAVs on Blu-ray. For whatever reason, I never got around to getting them on DVD, but this is a good chance, especially since I have no idea what the fate of ADV's RK licenses were when the company split.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu...Ryu Finallymakinganewparttoaseriesthatshouldhavebeenmadeyearsago-meki!"

*sheaths sword while the top half of a news post slides off the bottom half in the background*

Last edited by ittoujuu on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
DQBunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:22 am Reply with quote
I think I woke my neighbors from the shriek I just let out.

Oh, please let this be a proper animation of the Jinchuu arc! I don't want much out of life. Just a proper Jinchuu animation and animating the second arc of the Slayers novels. Maybe one of these wishes will come true.

Still ... more Kenshin! Oh, I do hope they can get the original seiyuu back, and Saitou's replacement is worthy of it (I suggest Sesshoumaru's seiyuu from Inuyasha. He'd make a great Saitou.)
angelofsilence

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quote
Didn't the original series come out like 15 years ago? How is this possible?? Not that I'm complaining, I just never imagined it could actually happen. Rurouni Kenshin was one of the first anime series I ever watched/owned, so this has me indescribably excited!!

Any ideas why they suddenly decided to revive it now?
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quote
I'm just wondering why Viz hasn't brought over Frankenstein yet. I wonder if it's a legal issue like Zorro.
DQBunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote
angelofsilence wrote:
Didn't the original series come out like 15 years ago? How is this possible?? Not that I'm complaining, I just never imagined it could actually happen. Rurouni Kenshin was one of the first anime series I ever watched/owned, so this has me indescribably excited!!

It might be that the new PSP game was a testing ground of sorts for it. If preorders, etc were high enough, it could have shown interest in a revival.

That's what happened with Slayers from what I understand. Slayers TRY was released in 1997 and the last movie, Premium in 2001 (like the Kenshin anime and second OVA). The entire series was released in new awesome boxsets in 2006 in Japan, then you could send in for this newly animated music video that felt like a test sequence for a new series. Then, lo and behold, a little over a year later, Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R were announced (on my birthday, making it the best present ever.)

Last edited by DQBunny on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 am Reply with quote
I still have to finish this series.... Both anime + manga... Crying or Very sad
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 am Reply with quote
Kenshin VS Enish WHOLE ARC PLEASE!!!!! It was so badass...
Kenruyoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 am Reply with quote
Wow, I immediately registered in this website for me to comment about the HOT NEWS!

The legendary series (manga/anime) is planning for a comeback!
Hope that this will really be a great anime, hoping for this series to beat the 3 most famous anime, namely Bleach, Naruto and One Piece.

Can't wait to watch this anime in full throttle japanese, and also in english version with Richard Cansino as Kenshin.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rurouni Kenshin: ALWAYS NO. 1!!!!
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 am Reply with quote
I think all I can really say about this...H E L L Y E A H ! ! !
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote
angelofsilence wrote:

Its part of the 15th year anniversary of the anime, (the psp game is also part of this) why they didn't do this for the 15th year anniversary of the manga is unknown.

The only thing I have to say is that this better have accurate character designs that look like Watsuki's art and not the crap that showed up in the last OVA which looked like ass.

That and keep Reiko Yoshida away from this anime.
Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:25 am Reply with quote
Wow - this is huge news. I don't think anyone really thought this would actually happen, and I strongly suspect we'll eventually get confirmation that it is indeed the Revenge Arc - I can't imagine it being anything else.

It's not just important for it's own sake, either. If this can happen, and the project does indeed turn out to be the Revenge Arc - other popular fandoms that did not get closure can have hope as well. As a Fruits Basket fan, I now see a ray of light that we might eventually get those two additional seasons to wrap up the whole story - or at least one more season ending with the summer house incident.
maus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 am Reply with quote
There is a god!!!! Very Happy
This news totally made my day! Of all the series I watched, I loved Rurouni Kenshin the most. I hope they animate the Enishi arc (like they should have done 15 years ago)! Rolling Eyes
eevaleena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 am Reply with quote
I DEMAND JINCHUU ARC! Very Happy This is the best news I've heard this week!!!!!
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:16 am Reply with quote
Personally I;d want a remake of the ENTIRE series more than just adding in the Jinchu arc, and that would honestly make more sense, but I suppose I;m cool either way.

Is it going to be the same studio that did the first series? I;m hoping the remake can be a bit closer to the manga's storyline, and Studio Gallop has been known to do somewhat loose adaptations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 13