• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What release are you most looking forward to this year?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike3560

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:34 am Reply with quote
I realize a lot of people will probably say Love Hina, but since I'm an old codger me wants the KOR DVD box set and Mospeada (Assuming AD Vision releases it this year).

Yes, I'm that old... Confused
Trunten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:37 am Reply with quote
I'm waiting for Berserk! I get shivers when I see the ads for it.Smile
Bardiel
Eva Loving Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:40 am Reply with quote
End of Eva!! Death and Rebirth
Berserk
Lovie Hina
Exel Saga
Now and then here and there
Jin-roh
Bloodlust
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:41 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna mention Berserk, and add Yu Yu Hakusho and Metropolis to the list. I'm also hoping ADV buys Neo Getter Robo and Majinkaizer.
Moridin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:43 am Reply with quote
Actually seeing the Eva movies on DVD will be nice. If they actually get release this year. I have bad feeling that there will some sort of problem like toe world ending or something.

Metropolis looks pretty interesting. I'm anxious to see that. It seems to have a somewhat dark storyline and the character designs are not what I'd expect for a more serious anime.

I'm very much looking forward to the ZOE Anime hitting th US. I'd hope it would come over sometime this year. I'm also looking forward to the new ZOE anime that will hit Japan.

I can't wait to see what Synch-Point does with FLCL and the reaction it gets. If there is one show I'd like to see on TV FLCL is the one.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. I want that DVD!

Of course, I'm probably missing a load of stuff that I'm looking forward to, but I can't remember. I really need to make notes about what I like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Bill Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:48 am Reply with quote
Love Hina 4 sure... it's like the only anime i watch. Final Fantasy Unlimited 2 but its not so good.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:49 am Reply with quote
Personally, the single release I'm most looking forward to is Jin-Roh. The special edition DVD looks sweet and Jin-Roh is an absolutely amazing movie.

Other releases I'm looking forward to include the rest of Love Hina, Boogiepop Phantom #4, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and GTO.

Oh and can't forget Excel Saga.
Ramza
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:54 am Reply with quote
Now and Then, Here and There
Knight Hunters
Vision of Escaflowne movie
Metropolis
KareKano
Samurai Troopers
Bardiel
Eva Loving Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:55 am Reply with quote
Im getting the Boogiepop Phanto DVD box set, That Burn up W and t-shirt special and FLCL in a week so part of my list is already done.
Goobernutt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:56 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to getting the Eva movies and Saber Marionette J to X on DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:57 am Reply with quote
Jin Roh, the boxed set looks almost as good as the Japanese one, it's a shame that the movie never played at any theaters within 100 miles of where I live.

Metropolis: animation-wise this looks to top Akira. Hopefully Rintaro has gotten out of his "trippy battle scenes" phase that he had when he did the Dagger of Kamui. Also of note is that two of the greatest manga-ka are involved in this project, it was based off of a manga by Tezuka, and the screenplay is written by Otomo. Everybody should check out Adolf (which is one of the few Tezuka manga to make it to the states), it will make you realize why Tezuka started the entire comic/animation market in Japan. (he is quite good)

VHD Bloodlust: Hopefully this will take the cool ideas of the original, and put it to a better looking better written, better directed version of that film. With Ninja Scroll's director Yoshiaki Kawajiri, it might just happen. (another theatrical release that missed me) Sad

(Laputa) The Castle in the Sky (HEH! YEH RIGHT!) : provided that it is released this year (or in my lifetime) it will be another great Miyazaki film to add to my collection. Of course their is always the bootleg HK DVDs...

Rest of Boogiepop Phantom (already explained under my post of this anime)

Last year (most of these releases are spillover's from last year's US theatrical releases) proved to be one of anime's greatest, hopefully next year will be even better with even more great anime movies. Oddly I am going to have to save a fair amount of money for March which is when most of these will be released.

On another note hopefully Sen/Spirited Away/The Voyage of Chihiro (whatever it will be called) will be picked up by Dreamworks and given a decent release over here...

That would really make my year above any other release. Although I doubt it will happen...
Neilworms

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:58 am Reply with quote
I know this is bad etiquette, but I didn't know that I could now post with out logging in (which I did), the previous message written by anymous, was actually posted by me. Sorry about that, it won't happen again.
Jlbkwrm
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:59 am Reply with quote
Rest of NieA_7
Boogiepop Phantom Box Set
Now and Then, Here and There Box Set
Fancy Lala (should Bandai ever get around to doing something novel and, like, setting a release date)
KareKano
FLCL
The Utena Black Rose Arc (--Finally--)
Excel Saga (if, that is, it actually makes it out)

Honoralbe Mention:

GTO
More Ping Pong Club
Love Hina
Kodomo no Omocha (which hasn't been liscenced--but what with Tokyopop running the manga, I'm choosing to delude myself into believing it'll get liscenced and partially released in the next 12 months)

Gah.. And here I thought it was going to be a slow year.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:00 am Reply with quote
Neil: I wouldn't trust Dreamworks to have a Japanese track for Sen to Chihiro, considering how much disrespect DW has for The Ring.
Bardiel
Eva Loving Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:27 am Reply with quote
ITs gonna be hard Dubbing Exel's voice. She talks so damn fast!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3