• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Film on Canada's YTV, Anime on Super Channel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like things are looking even better anime-wise for Canada. Nice to know my neighbors to the North will have more good stuff to watch. (I recommend Noein, even though it's a little confusing in the first couple of episodes.)

This might be a really dumb question, but are there any licensing issues with something airing or being sold in Canada vs. the US? As far as I'm aware, the R1 licensing companies are all in the US so I'm just curious if there are any issues involved in sending series Northward. (I know it's the same DVD region and all, but are there any Canadian laws or Japanese concerns that make it special?)

Anyway, it sounds like Canada's getting more legal anime and that's something all anime fans should be happy about. More sales means more licensing which means more money for anime production in Japan. (Contribute to this circle of life my friends in the North! Please!)
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Wait. So is super channel that Anime channel YTV was going to be starting? Or is it something unrelated? I've never heard of it before.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Wait. So is super channel that Anime channel YTV was going to be starting? Or is it something unrelated? I've never heard of it before.

It's unrelated to YTV's Anime Channel. Apparantly it's a new channel.
TheVok

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Some details are on the channel's website at www.superchannel.ca.

I also posted some general info about it on the discussion board the other day: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44938

Basically, though, it's a commercial-free premium service, intended to compete head-on with MovieCentral out west and The Movie Network out east.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1