• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rise of the Outlaw Tamer and His S-Rank Cat Girl

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:42 am Reply with quote
Rise of the Outlaw Tamer and His S-Rank Cat Girl
Seven Seas - GhostShipManga Imprint
Art by Joji Manabe

This new manga series was a fantastic surprise for me. For one reason, it features the return of mangaka Joji Manabe back to the American shores.

Johji Manabe is know for the Outlanders manga and OVA, the Caravan Kidd manga, and the Drakuun: Dragon Princess Army manga. Believe Dark Horse Comics brought them over to the west.

So it is nice to see his art again in english, even if it is not his story.

Johji, Jouji, and Joji, all used on the internet. I am used to Johji, but the manga uses Joji.

As with many light novels about now, this is about an adventurer class Tamer, who tames an adult Cat Girl. But everyone who is familar with Manabe, knows there is going to be alot of 'ecchi' in it.

My holy trinity of mangaka's are Johji Manabe, Kenichi Sonoda, and Masamune Shirow.

Some of you might consider the artwork dated, but I have always enjoyed Johji Manabe's artwork, even in stories I didn't care for.

Comic book stores that have an extensive stock of old comics especially independent titles, might just have copies of Outlanders, Caravan Kidd, and Drakkun in stock. If you are lucky enough, even the entire series. I have seen it, since I travel alot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1