• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
BAAF in question.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dramzan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Check out thier site www.bigappleanimefest.com, due to the DNC (Democratic National Convention) they might get pushed out. They also discuss other solutions, one includes, skipping this year!!!! Nooooo! Maybe they can take over the Javits Convention Center and cut a deal with the city to get some buses going there. Imagine the newspapers on labor day weekend: "2 conventions bring in big bucks for NYC" that would be sweet.
eugenecheng

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah it sucks. It leaves AnimeNext (www.animenext.org) as the only anime convention near town now...
Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote
it's too expensive.

you'd think, as nyers, we'd go to BAAF since we wouldn't have to worry about hotels, or travel expenses (minus the train mebbe), but it's too expensive. we'd rather travel 4+hours to otakon and pay for a hotel and everything.

anyway...yeah.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EMY23-23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:11 pm Reply with quote
My end of the summer trip is usually into the city for BAAF. Damn. Oh well, there is always Otakon, but it is pretty far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
qollocust

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quote
It's the Republican National Convention that's kicking BAAF out (the Democratic one is up here in Boston). It sucks because I was actually able to go this year too. Oh well, at least I'm already hitting up 3 other cons this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1