• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANIMARATHON - Bowling Green, Ohio

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravejaf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Who: Animarathon
What: All day anime event
When: April 17, 2004
Where: Bowling Green State University, Bowen-Thompson Student Union
Cost: Free!!!

Animarathon is just a couple of months away. It will be April 17, 2004 in Bowling Green, Ohio. Below is information about the event.

The event will take place at Bowling Green State University in the newly built Bowen-Thompson Student Union. We currently have 5 rooms booked and if everything goes well that number maybe doubled.

Time
The event is on April 17, 2004 and will run from 10 AM - 12 AM.

About
The event is run by Anime in Northwest Ohio, the official anime club at Bowling Green State University.

This will be the second year ANO will be hosting Animarathon. Last year the event drew in around 250 people. This isn't bad since the event planning really only started a few months before the event and marketing was overall pretty poor. This year's event is a lot more organized. By the time the event takes place, there will be over one-year worth of planning behind the event. We also have a much better marketing plan for this year's event. We are hoping all of this leads to a large # of attendees and a fun event for everyone.

Events
We have 2 full video rooms and will also be showing videos in at least 2, maybe 3 other rooms. Other events planned are guest panels, fan parodies, an event similar to Anime Hell (but with an ANO twist), and much more.

Dealers/Artist Alley
We also are going to have a dealer's room and artists' alley. Tables are free to anyone who wants one. Not only are the tables free but the vendor does not have to give any of its revenue to the club. If you are interested in getting a table you can contact me at: [email protected]. Please include information about the type of materials you will be selling.

Panels
We are also looking for people who are interested in running anime/manga/Japanese culture themed panels. If you are interested you can contact me at [email protected]. Please include information about the topic of the panel and if possible some qualifications.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1