• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Licenses for Stellvia and Tsukihime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:10 am Reply with quote
I didn't want to post this in the music section, because though it is related, it's not the point of the post. (of course, the mods can and will do as they desire to the topic.) Wink

Anime on DVD had this posted on their site:

Quote:
Geneon Anime Music New Title Solicitations (09:57 PM EST): Geneon's also got some interesting releases on tap for August in their music department:

Memories Original Soundtrack (2 CD Set) - 89 minutes - $16.98 - 08/03/2004
Stellvia: Sound Wave of Stellvia OST - 76 minutes - $14.98 - 08/03/2004
Tsukihime Original Soundtrack 1 - 48 minutes - $14.98 - 08/03/2004
Akira - 69 minutes - $14.98 - 08/03/2004

We've also been told that the Rave soundtrack, originally scheduled for June, is pending a new date, presumably to tie in more closely with the shows broadcast on Cartoon Network this summer.

Given the circumstances that these are U.S. releases, I'd say it's fairly obvious that announcements are forthcoming regarding licenses for both Stellvia and Tsukihime. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:18 am Reply with quote
Stellvia...such a good series!

The rumour that it's been licensed by "someone" has been floating around for a little while. So, yes, maybe the time for the unveiling that Geneon has the license for it is soon to come!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:56 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Given the circumstances that these are U.S. releases, I'd say it's fairly obvious that announcements are forthcoming regarding licenses for both Stellvia and Tsukihime. Smile

*does some variety of happy dance*

As a big fan of both series, this could be very good news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:06 am Reply with quote
awsome as I really liked Tsukihime.

<--- no s***
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:22 am Reply with quote
Uh, that doesn't mean they've been licensed by Geneon. Geneon Music has released Utena, Evangelion and FLCL CDs and none of those are Geneon titles. I'd say the shows have been licensed, but this actually is not a reliable sign that Geneon has either series.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:45 am Reply with quote
Oh, quite. Although IIRC, Geneon was involved in the production of the Tsukihime anime, so that one should speak for itself. We know where the odds lie on that one.

My point was simply that because we are seeing North American releases for the soundtracks that somebody should be making annoucements soon for the series as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1