• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Twin Spica GN 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:52 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I'm not sure about continuing with this manga. I loved the first volume but the 2n and 3rd were disappointing for me. I felt the story was going nowhere, actually there was almost no story at all.
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 am Reply with quote
Pirkaf wrote:
Hmmm, I'm not sure about continuing with this manga. I loved the first volume but the 2n and 3rd were disappointing for me. I felt the story was going nowhere, actually there was almost no story at all.

I would advise against it. The story is pretty solid. I've read up to vol 10 (which ended in somewhat of a cliffhanger). I'm definitely getting the last two volumes.
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I agree it slowed a bit after the high impact first volume, but a lot of elements introduced innocuously earlier are coming back from out of nowhere. The cliff hanger for Vol 10 made my jaw drop! I was so not expecting it, and it really makes me wonder what sort of impact it will have. In a few weeks I can find out.

As a plus, Vertical made vols 8, 9, 10 half again as large as the normal volumes, and the final two, 11 and 12, will be double sized, finishing off the entire series in March next year (2012), with no loss in quality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1