The Edit List Tenchi Universe - ep. 12: Time and Space Adventures, Part II
by Kyle Pope, Feb 13th 2002
Tenchi Universe: Time and Space Adventures, Part II
1. Not an Edit... The poster behind Aeka still says "Beer". (In Outlaw Star they not only digitally removed the word "beer" from a crate, they digitally removed the word "bar" from the name of Gene's hangout on Sentinel III.)
2. All references to sake changed to tea during the dinner at Aeka's diner.
3. Aeka's "...rude, impertinent and a drunkard" changed to "...rude, impertinent and a glutton".
4. All references to sake changed to tea during Ryouko's early lunch. (I really should have added a "tea-o-meter" to this list.)
5. Ryouko's "I got so jealous that I had to throw myself between you two" changed to "I got so upset that I had to do something about it".
6. Aeka's "You're wonderful. Please don't let me go. Never, ever" changed to "Oh you're wonderful Ryouko. Please be my friend forever and ever".
7. Ryouko's "So this is what they call happiness" changed to "So this is what they call friendship".
8. Aeka's "Hold me tight" changed to "Give me a hug".
9. Mihoshi's "I'm not sure this is evolving into an appropriate relationship girls" changed to "Well I'm not sure I understand what's going on between you two girls". (Come on Mihoshi. If anyone should understand what's going on here it's you. Right Kiyone?)
10. Kiyone's "This has to be the most disgraceful moment in the history of this school" changed to "This has to be the strangest moment in the history of this school".
11. Scene of Aeka and Ryouko moving in to kiss each other cut.
Well I knew beforehand the Pretty Sammy sequence was going to succumb heavily to the censor's scissors. Though try as they might enough of the scene was left so that even the mutated dialogue couldn't conceal the true meaning of the visuals.