News Aya Suzaki to Perform Tamako Love Story Film's Theme Song
posted on 2014-03-08 03:10 EST by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for the Tamako Love Story film announced on Friday that Aya Suzaki will perform the theme song "Principle." Suzaki is reprising her role as Tamako Kitashirakawa from Kyoto Animation's original Tamako Market television anime. Suzaki performed the opening theme "Dramatic Market Ride" and the ending theme "Neguse" (Bed Head) for the 2013 series.
Suzaki's single CD with "Principle" and "Koi no Uta" (Love Song) will ship on April 30 for 1,200 yen (about US$12).
Kyoto Animation has been streaming the film's second teaser trailer. The official website also announced that the movie will be screened with the short "Minami no Shima no Dera-chan" (Dera-chan of the Southern Islands). The short will reveal what happened to Dera Mochimazzui, the "shadow star(?) of the Tamako Market television series."
The film's main cast and staff include:
- Aya Suzaki as Tamako Kitashirakawa
- Atsushi Tamaru as Mochizō Ōji
- Yuki Kaneko as Midori Tokiwa
- Juri Nagatsuma as Kanna Makino
- Yurie Yamashita as Shiori Asagiri
- Rina Hidaka as Anko Kitashirakawa
- Keiji Fujiwara as Mamedai Kitashirakawa
- Yōko Hikasa as Hinako Kitashirakawa
- Tomomichi Nishimura as Fuku Kitashirakawa
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Gohei Ōji
- Satsuki Yukino as Michiko Ōji
- Director: Naoko Yamada
- Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida
- Character Designer: Yukiko Horiguchi
- Art Director: Ikuko Tamine
- Color design: Akiyo Takeda
- Setting: Seiichi Akitake
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Music: Tomoko Kataoka
- Editing: Kengo Shigemura
- Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
- Production: Usagiyama Shopping District
- Distribution: Shochiku
The film will open in theaters across Japan on April 26. Those who buy their tickets early, starting on January 4, are receiving a special clear file and a ticket with the key visual illustration drawn by character designer Yukiko Horiguchi.