Aoharu x Kikanjū TV Anime's Staff, More Cast, July Premiere Revealed
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The June issue of Square Enix's GFantasy magazine revealed the staff, additional cast, and the July premiere of the upcoming television anime adaptation of NAOE's Aoharu x Kikanjū (Aoharu x Machinegun) manga on Monday.
The additional cast includes:
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Arpeggio of Blue Steel's Gunzō Chihaya, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's Jonathan Joestar) as Nagamasa Midori
- Eri Kitamura (Toradora!'s Ami Kawashima, Puella Magi Madoka Magica's Miki Sayaka) as Ichi Akabane
They will join the previously announced main cast, which includes:
- Mikako Komatsu (Nisekoi's Seishiro, Aldnoah.Zero's Inko, K's Neko) as Hotaru Tachibana
- Tomoaki Maeno (Death Parade's Decim, Yowapeda's Juichi Fukutomi, Log Horizon's Naotsugu) as Masamune Matsuoka
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Sword Art Online's Kirito, A Lull in the Sea's Shun Sayama, Absolute Duo's Thor Kokonoe) as Tohru Yukimura
The magazine notes that more of the cast will be revealed at an event in June.
The official website has also revealed a new visual.
Hideaki Nakano (Baccano!, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, Golden Time episode director) is helming the anime series at Brains Base (Durarara!!, Natsume's Book of Friends), with scripts by Kenji Konuta (Library War, Ace of Diamond). Junko Yamanaka (Detective Conan films, You Are Umasou, Kamisama Kiss 2) designed the characters and is also serving as chief animation director.
The manga follows high school student Hotaru Tachibana, a girl disguised as a boy. Through strange circumstances she finds herself drawn into the world of survival games by a host, Masamune Matsuoka. The two form a team with ero-manga artist Tohru Yukimura and aim to be the be the best in Japan.
NAOE began the series as a two-part short and then premiered the full series in Square Enix's GFantasy magazine in January 2013. Square Enix published the manga's sixth compiled book volume on February 27.