Sentai Filmworks Licenses Devils' Line Anime
posted on by Karen Ressler
Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday that it has acquired distribution rights for the anime of Ryo Hanada's Devils' Line manga in North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Scandinavia, South Africa, Spain, Portugal, and the Netherlands. The company will stream the series during the spring 2018 simulcast season and release the series on home video.
The anime will premiere in Japan on AT-X on April 7 at 23:30, and it will also air on Tokyo MX, BS11, Sun TV, and KBS Kyoto.
The cast includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Yūki Anzai
- Yui Ishikawa as Tsukasa Taira
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Yōsuke Asami
- Ryota Ohsaka as Naoya Ushio
- Akira Ishida as Megumi Ishimaru
- Mayumi Asano as Midori Anzai
- Mamoru Miyano as Tamaki Anzai
- Ryohei Kimura as Hans Lee
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Takashi Sawazaki
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Juliana Lloyd
- Takahiro Sakurai as Kirio Kikuhara
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Takeshi Makimura
- Nao Tōyama as Nanako Tenjō
- Shouta Aoi as Kenichi Yoshii
- Hiro Shimono as Shōta Akimura
- Satoshi Hino as Ryūsei Yanagi
- Daisuke Hirakawa as Ryūnosuke Katagiri
Tsukasa, a college student, is rescued from an attack by a devil, one of many vampires that can blend in among the human population. Anzai, her savior, is a half-devil who exploits his supernatural gifts as a member of a shadowy police task force that specializes in devil-related crime in Tokyo. As Anzai continues to keep guard over Tsukasa, the two quickly forge a tentative bond—one that Anzai fears will test his iron-clad rule of never drinking human blood...
Yoshinobu Tokumoto (Nagasarete Airantou, Amanchu! unit director) is directing the anime at Platinum Vision, with Hideaki Nakano (Aoharu x Machinegun, Servamp) as assistant director. Kenji Konuta (Aoharu x Machinegun, Servamp), Ayumu Hisao (Gekijōban Servamp: Alice in the Garden) are credited for series composition and scripts. Senri Kawaguchi is drawing the character designs, and is also credited for chief animation director alongside Toshimitsu Kobayashi. Yasuhiro Saiki is the action animation director.