Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series To Touchdown in Columbus, Ohio October 22nd – 23rdOct 13th 2011
El Segundo, CA (October 12, 2011) – Move over Buckeyes, there's a new game in town! Columbus will be transformed into a Dueling town when Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) Duelists fill the streets later this month. Traveling from all across the country, hundreds of Duelists who have deftly prepped for weeks, will battle it out off the gridiron at the Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (YCS) October 22nd – 23rd at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
This premier-level Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG event from Konami Digital Entertainment (Konami) pits Duelists in head-to-head competition. Duelists in the Main Event will be laying it on the line for the chance to advance to the Final Round on Sunday for the opportunity to Duel for the title of Champion. Duelists can also participate in a wide variety of fun and challenging Public Events to push their Dueling skills to the limit!
Pre-registration for YCS Columbus will run from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 21st and will begin again promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 22nd. Upon registering, Duelists will receive five Generation Force booster packs for participating in Konami's YCS Columbus. Round One will start at 10:00 a.m. and the Top 16 or 32 YCS finishers (depending on attendance) will earn invitations to participate in the 2012 World Championship Qualifier.
Greater Columbus Convention Center
400 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Accompanying the main event, Konami will be conducting a full range of Public Events such as Regional Qualifiers, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Classic Drafts, Dawn of the Xyz Starter Tournaments, Dragon Duels, Pegasus Challenges, Retro Drafts and Win-A-Mats. The Top 4 finishers in the Dragon Duel events (for Duelists age 12 and under) will win a 2012 Regional Binder, 2012 Regional Game Mat, a Dragon Duel T-Shirt, and invitations to the 2012 World Championship Qualifier and, to the recently announced inaugural Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier.
The main event winner, the two runners-up and winners of Sunday's two Public Event playoffs will each be awarded a YCS prize card. The main event winner will take home an Ultra Rare version of the Blood Mefist prize card, with the other winners bringing home Super Rare versions.
- 1st place – Ultra Rare Blood Mefist YCS Prize Card; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; Xbox 360 Elite 250GB console with Yu-Gi-Oh! Decade Duels game code; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier tournament
- 2nd place – Super Rare Blood Mefist YCS Prize Card; 32 GB Tablet PC with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 3rd place – Super Rare Blood Mefist YCS Prize Card; 32 GB Touch Screen MP3 Player with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 4th place – 32GB touch-screen MP3 Player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 5th – 8th place – Video game console with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus; YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
- 9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Generation Force; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier If attendance exceeds 513 Duelists:
- 17th – 32nd place – YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2012 World Championship Qualifier
Duelists unable to participate in YCS Columbus can check out live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.
Each Saturday morning in the United States, Duelists can catch TV episodes of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series on TheCW4Kids block. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's every Friday and Saturday on YTV! For more information on Konami, the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME or the Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.