• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, May 1-7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I got my Bakuman more than a week ago. And the Deadman Wonderland vol5 I pre-ordered was shipped a couple of days ago and will supposedly be here by the end of the week... at least that's what the online bookshop said....
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I got my Bakuman more than a week ago. And the Deadman Wonderland vol5 I pre-ordered was shipped a couple of days ago and will supposedly be here by the end of the week... at least that's what the online bookshop said....

Yea, pre-ordering usually means getting it a week or more in advance.

I got my K-ON! BD Vol 1 on April 3rd, it wasn't supposed to come out until April 26th.

Quote:
Maid Shokun! GN 1* Tokyopop US$10.99 May 3

So, I guess Tokyo Pop is still starting series? I guess that's a good sign?
Jure

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Thank God, I was wondering what's going to happen to DW 5. I guess I should order my copy soon.
sdsyukichan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
MrHatandClogs wrote:

So, I guess Tokyo Pop is still starting series? I guess that's a good sign?

I wouldn't take it that way.... I read before that they're publishing anything with a release date before... sometime early May (don't remember the exact date). Meaning even if it's volume 1 of something, that's all they're publishing before shutdown. :|
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I've seen copies of Maid Shokun in my local comic store today, so unless they are mirages or something...
kuriousity
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Tokyopop already had books done and awaiting release before they announced their closure; titles such as Maid Shokun was just one of them. It may be a volume one but it's still the one and only they'll be releasing of it.

In better news though - WOW that a week! So many titles I'm excited to buy. Ai Ore! (Vol. 01), Bakuman (Vol. 04), Deadman Wonderland (Vol. 05), Genkaku Picasso (Vol. 03), Otomen (Vol. 10), Twin Spica (Vol. 07), The Story of Saiunkoku (Vol. 03) not to mention my local comic store is getting in Lychee Light Club (Vol. 01) this week. Huzzah for new-comics-Wednesday!
kh_gal

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I still wonder what's going to happen to all the Tokyopop titles...they still haven't announced anything yet.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
kh_gal wrote:
I still wonder what's going to happen to all the Tokyopop titles...they still haven't announced anything yet.

It may take a while for any series to get licensed
silencer226

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if I want to pick up AiON or not anymore with Tokyopop being gone and everything... I might wait to see if someone picks it up, if not it will unfortunately be added to the growing list of incomplete manga I have. Fortunately that's the only Tokyopop title I've purchased... Wait, no, Moon Phase... forgot about that, lol that's just a lost cause I suppose.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Of COURSE Tokyopop won't tell us about the status of their releases! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I WANT MY .HACK//G.U VOLUME 4 NOVEL!
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote
I cry. Manga prices keep going up D: Went to borders to buy some manga (after not going for a long while) and manga are all around 10-13 dollars. The good old days were $8-9. Ughhh i will use amazon, lol discounts Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1