• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Employment Opportunities

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
ANN has always done a good job with bringing information relating to anime but what does this employment opportunity thing have to do with the world of anime? Has ANN resorted to becomming an employment agency for other websites?
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote
The companies involved are in the anime industry.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:28 am Reply with quote
People like being involved in the industry in whatever way possible... here, people could be paid to design anime/manga webpages.

It's not "employment" like voice acting calls or looking for a new director/subtitler/whatever.. but it's still being a part of the industry. That's why I posted it, plain and simple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:14 am Reply with quote
There's only one problem ... Right Stuf is NOT and I repeat NOT an anime site. They are an online shopping store that sells anime.

They do not report anime ... they do not report news happening in the anime industry. Right Stuf International is like Geneon, ADV Films and the rest of those corporate sites. They are not on the same field as sites as ANN, Anime Nation, Anime on DVD.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:34 am Reply with quote
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
There's only one problem ... Right Stuf is NOT and I repeat NOT an anime site. They are an online shopping store that sells anime.

I can assure you Cookie is well aware of that fact. Although they do license and release series as well. In fact, I don't recall anyone saying they had anything to do with being a news site. Nevertheless it is still working in the Anime industry.
Ranmah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:01 am Reply with quote
To anyone who wants to be apart of the industry this is a good start. I'd go with the internship position first. The Anime industry like the animation industry is very fickle and extremely fragle. You need experience and most importantly education.

It will take you a while to get your foot in the door. Just keep trying.

Ranmah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:10 am Reply with quote
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
They do not report anime ... they do not report news happening in the anime industry.

That's really irelevent to anything, but I will dispute you saying that they don't report news. Infact they do report quite a bit of news on their front page. Of course the majority of that news is adjusted to fit the needs of their site, mostly retail news, but it's news just the same, often the same news that's reported here.

Emerje
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

They do not report anime ... they do not report news happening in the anime industry. Right Stuf International is like Geneon, ADV Films and the rest of those corporate sites. They are not on the same field as sites as ANN, Anime Nation, Anime on DVD.

Actually, AoD often uses Right Stuf as a source site for getting info on future manga releases.

(And if job openings ever came up for the likes of Geneon or ADV Films, I'd jump all over those too.)
JustJon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
ANN has always done a good job with bringing information relating to anime but what does this employment opportunity thing have to do with the world of anime? Has ANN resorted to becomming an employment agency for other websites?
Quite a few members of this site aspire to being part of the anime industry. Although none of these are "creative" positions in the direct production of anime, they are, at the very least, a foot in the door at these companies.

Personally, I would apply, if either company was located close to where I live.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Actually, AoD often uses Right Stuf as a source site for getting info on future manga releases.

TRSI is the biggest single source for both AOD and ANN when it comes to release dates.
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Patachu wrote:

TRSI is the biggest single source for both AOD and ANN when it comes to release dates.

Yep. Most of the retailers out there, particularly the bigger ones, are tied to the MUZE system, so they can't add titles to their lists until it comes through on that. Some like Right Stuf don't, as most smaller anime retailers don't, so they're able to get stuff up the minute it comes in. Gives them an advantage for those with an itchy preorder finger and the number of limited edition things out there.

And welcome back from your trip :)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1