• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Tower Records

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Que_Tal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
Why wasn't Phantom Breaker for the XBOX360 covered this month?
i was expecting it would be.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
After seeing the trailer linked in the article, I suddenly seem to have become interested in Red Faction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
Surprisingly there is nothing in this article I really want to comment about. Although I have to say that not bringing Last Story and Xenoblade was and still is a huge mistake on their part. Why won't they bring them here already? What kind of lame excuse could they possibly have? That they're "violent" RPGs? Please. Rolling Eyes

In reference to your comment placed in the X Button logo, I can only say a new Valkyrie Profile is the only game of interest I want to hear about.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:05 am Reply with quote
It's tremendously frustrating that Nintendo is ignoring the likes of Pandora's Tower, Last Story, Xenoblade, etc. It's like they're actively trying to make sure I wasted my money on a Wii.

The story in Infamous was the absolute worst third rate comic book level writing I've seen in a game and the moral choice system epitomized the exact kind of one dimensional, black and white "choices" that are emblematic of exactly what's wrong with moral choice systems. That said, I am so bloody excited for the sequel because the gameplay was just awesome. Probably one of the best games in terms of pure gameplay of the current generation. *slides down power line while throwing electro-grenades* fudge yeah!
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sorry, but there'll be no U.S. release for this one! But we're bringing out Mario Mini-Golf, Mario Badminton, Mario Shooting Gallery, Mario Tax Indexing, Mario Bar Crawling, and twelve new versions of Pokemon!

Ooh, Todd... that really smarts. Funny, but it still smarts...
Quote:
The grotesque imagery may lead Nintendo of America to ignore Pandora's Tower, just as they've ignored Zangeki no Reginleiv, Xenoblade, and The Last Story.

Surely at least 2/3 of those titles won't count among the ignored once E3 is over, right? Not when Richard George of IGN asks NOA about those titles, as he said the IGN Wii team would when I posted over on his wall, right? RIGHT? *gloom*
Quote:
Still, the Wii sorely needs some original action games this year, and Nintendo may announce something at the upcoming E3. If not, a European version isn't out of the question.

While a Euro release would definitely lower the import barrier, I somehow feel that I'd be even angrier if it came to Europe than it didn't come outside of Japan at all...

Alright, Nintendo. Please. PLEASE be kind to current Wii owners this year. Restore my confidence in Nintendo's ability to make obvious localization decisions, and get Pandora's Tower and those two RPGS over here ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quote
There have been rumours floating around over the last few days that The Last Story is getting a European release, so that's good, but Nintendo's habit in the last two years of not releasing mature "traditional" games on a console sorely lacking mature "traditional" games is really bugging me. I think they've become totally disconnected from what their fanbase actually wants.

In other news, even though I have absolutely no interest in Akiba's Trip as a game, for some reason I really like the character designs.
redcar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
Holy crap, Monster World IV for the Virtual Console? Must get!! I loved that game and wondered why it was never brought over...glad it finally gets a chance, small though it may be. I wish I could say this also gave me hope for such things as North American releases of Terranigma or Seiken Densetsu 3...but I'm quite happy with just this Very Happy
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote
Having played Phantom Breaker (you can too, if you make a JP Xbox Live account and grab the demo) I can say you're not really missing much. With twice the work done on animation they might have had a real fighting game, but nope. It's not even on the level of the average doujin game.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
So, did Irem cancel Steambot Chronicles 2 and 3, or is the mention in the Disaster Report section supposed to say 2? I know 2 got canned around the time of the earthquake, but I didn't know anything about a Steambot Chronicles 3.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote
Have not crawled out of my hole in ages here, but I thought this was worth it....the article makes mention of "Steambot Chronicles 3", but there never was one. The one that has been canceled for PS3 should be properly identified as Steambot Chronicles 2.

It's sad, as Steambot 2 was one of my main reasons for taking interest in buying a PS3 so long ago, but now it has been canceled.....

I'm still holding out for a USA Xenoblade release, but I'm perfectly willing to import & HDD a used PAL copy if it comes to it. There has not been a single interesting Wii release on my radar since Samurai Warriors 3 hit last year, and I can say with absolute certainty that no force on this earth will convince me to buy a Wii2 after Nintendo has basically given the JRPG crowd "the finger" this past year.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...hidden side of nerd mecha Akihabara.

Shouldn't that be mecca?
JuicyB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Red Faction Armageddon is looking pretty good, the demo has been available on Xbox Live for the past week or two incase any of you guys are interested in trying it. Also, I HIGHLY recommend Red Faction Guerilla if you're interested in playing one of the better 3rd person shooters this gen and paying a meagre $20 to do so.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Akiba's Trip (say it fast to get the joke)

I initially failed to notice the apostrophe. It can only be added that I was subsequently (and dare I say shamefully) disappointed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
actually there's a rumor floating around that Sakaguchi himself confirmed a Western release for The Last Story.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's altogether quite charming in an old-fashioned way, recalling a time before irony and “moe.”

Oh, it's still moe, it just wasn't called that then. Sorry, can't escape it Razz

Quote:
Due out on July 19, the shooter will include a soundtrack, an artbook, and…a two-sided pillowcase.

Preordered to the MAX!

Quote:
Only 500 sets of this embarrassment will be available, and I'm not sure if Zen United has overestimated or underestimated the wants of Arcana Heart fans worldwide. They'll find out, as this special-edition can be shipped outside of Europe.

Yeah, the price with the mouse pad is a bit too rich for me, I'm just getting the regular LE from Shopto. As far as demand goes, I remember their small LE print run of BB:CS selling out in a matter of hours. But then again, BB is more popular then AC.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2