• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sony Previews US$250/US$300 PS Vita, US$500 3D TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
ANN slowly become game site. just like how kotaku become japanese culture site
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what this article has to do with anime, but...

I still want a PSVita. It looks so pretteh.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
I don't know what this article has to do with anime, but...

I still want a PSVita. It looks so pretteh.
It seems likely you'll be able to use it as a portable wireless anime viewing device, either in a browser mode or from a Sony marketplace or app streaming or two or three of the above.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Plus there are tons of anime games. They pretty much go hand and hand for most people. Also, for the same price, I'd probably get this before a 3DS.
Schroecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote
Who cares about whether it's to do with anime or not? Street Fighter Vs Tekken!

Pretty sure there are a couple of pretty bad Street Fighter anime out there though, so there's your link Wink
WWAanimefan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
I am interested in getting one, but the Wi-Fi only version. The idea of only having AT&T as a provider is off-putting at best, given their bad reputation with 3G. There will probably be many who will want to see it run with Verizon or Sprint as well.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:54 am Reply with quote
and meh. When the fact that AT&T as the provider illicits groans from the audience, it shows that Sony still doesn't quite get gaming.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:19 am Reply with quote
ANN covers toys, cosplay, and other interests. I don't see the problem of them doing games, especially when we have anime games and some of the gaming services showing anime/manga.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I believe one of the montages showed off a Bleach fighting game coming for it.

Video Game device made by Japanese company will obviously support Japanese and anime related games and media.

So it's relevant, and the price is right!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
It seems likely you'll be able to use it as a portable wireless anime viewing device, either in a browser mode or from a Sony marketplace or app streaming or two or three of the above.

You could buy anime on the PSP long before the PSN was around - my old Japanese model had access to the store but you couldn't even download the free videos without registering with a Japanese address and credit card.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote
WWAanimefan wrote:
I am interested in getting one, but the Wi-Fi only version. The idea of only having AT&T as a provider is off-putting at best, given their bad reputation with 3G. There will probably be many who will want to see it run with Verizon or Sprint as well.

Sign me up for that list. The Vita (aka first legtimate heir to the title "PSPhone") was the only thing on the horizon that looked to serve as a replacement for my current set. Should've known that no mention of 4G meant is was not coming to Big Red.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quote
The only way I'd ever consider getting a PSVita is if Polyphony Digital could assure us that there will be a Gran Turismo game on it within half the time it took for the PSP to get a Gran Turismo game or the PS3 to get one that wasn't just a glorified demo.

Gran Turismo is quite seriously the only franchise Sony has in its arsenal that's a system-seller for me, but, based on Sony's previous two systems, I'm not filled with confidence that we'll see a Gran Turismo game on the PSVita until about 2015. I also like JRPG's, but I've always been satisfied with the selection on Nintendo handhelds even if the PSP had prettier graphics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
agila61 wrote:
You could buy anime on the PSP long before the PSN was around - my old Japanese model had access to the store but you couldn't even download the free videos without registering with a Japanese address and credit card.
A substantial reason why it seems likely Wink
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quote
Man they nailed that price more than I expected so pleasantly surprised Smile

I enjoyed my PSP and especially it's JRPGs along with some other titles so I can't wait for this, and some of the early titles already look great and games I'll want to pick up like Uncharted and the first announced Japanese games like Gravity (Gravity Daze) and that new Dragon's Crown Vanillaware game since their games have been great, and probably that ninja-looking game if that ever comes over here.

It'll be especially great to have real analogue sticks and 2 of them (plus ofcourse the touch functions and that sickeningly gorgeous OLED screen that's even looking great through just hd camera footage)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1