• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Adds Kimi ni Todoke, 2011 Dororon Enma-kun

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSS! I hoped someone would license KnT! Now to start watching Amazon for it...
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Finally, NIS America picks up an anime that I must absolutely buy! Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera! (Yeah, ANN, it's "Enma-kun" not "Emma-kun"; might want to fix that)

It will be interesting to see how NISA handles all of the references in Enma-kun, as the show is filled with them.
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that KnT got licensed, I just hope that they are not released in those jumbo boxes like Toradora! was. My shelves cant hold that.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, cool. ^^ I've been interested in this series for awhile, but I had a feeling I'd like it but then become disappointed without knowledge of a DVD release. Now that KnT is going to get an official release, I'll place the series on my "watch sooner than later" list.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Interesting........I thought for some reason KnT was already licensed but now I know for sure it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Good deal. I have heard good things about KnT and look forward to this release.
Dororon Enma-kun...isn't that the show with dozens of remakes because it was so popular? Looks like it is packed with tons of comedy.
williamflipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm really waiting for both for different reasons. I really enjoying the Kimi manga and I'm also a big fan of Go nagai the real God of manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Enma-kun, eh? That's certainly a possible purchase. Although, I must ask: From the 3 episodes I watched, it seems like the fansub group was using very liberal translations, or is the show actually that vulgar? If they were using loose translations, I may not enjoy it as much if NISA uses the real ones.

Quote:
NIS America does not have release details for Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera yet, but the staff hopes to have more information by next year's Anime Expo.

Wait, what? They don't know what they're gonna do with it until next AX? I hope that means they're considering dubbing it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Enma-kun, eh? That's certainly a possible purchase. Although, I must ask: From the 3 episodes I watched, it seems like the fansub group was using very liberal translations, or is the show actually that vulgar? If they were using loose translations, I may not enjoy it as much if NISA uses the real ones.

Quote:
NIS America does not have release details for Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera yet, but the staff hopes to have more information by next year's Anime Expo.

Wait, what? They don't know what they're gonna do with it until next AX? I hope that means they're considering dubbing it.

Was the group that did the fansubs called CoalGuys? If it was that would explain it, they seem to be a bit more liberal with their translations with am emphasis on more.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Give me a Bluray for Enma, and I'll buy it 100%.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
King of Hearts: Enma-kun's from Go Nagai, so I'm guessing it really is that vulgar. Real shocker that anyone is picking up something full-length from him which isn't an OAV or movie, too, since his stuff does not sell well here outside of some die-hards and Cutey Honey. Plus, it seemed more like a title Sentai or FUNi would get.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Eh, nothing of interest to me this time around.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Buying Kimi ni Todoke. Happy about this license.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
OH MY GOD KIMI NI TODOKE!!!!! I LOVE YOU NISA!!!!

*ehem* Now that I have that out of my system, I'm pre-ordering both sets of Kimi ni Todoke once the listings go up. This is the first NISA title I've actually wanted badly. I couldn't care less about Enma-kun since I'm not into its type of humor, but at least it broadens NISA's catalog even more now.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Was the group that did the fansubs called CoalGuys? If it was that would explain it, they seem to be a bit more liberal with their translations with am emphasis on more.

No, gg is the only group doing it. I know CoalGuys have a reputation of doing that, but I don't know if gg does. People on MAL say they did, but I don't really trust those people that much, especially when a couple of the negative comments are them just saying "gg", implying that they don't like the subs simply because of who they are.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5