• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kairi Shimotsuki's Brave10 S Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
well known voice actors is good, but are not we already have countless manga/anime like this?..
Zipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Better than more moe stuff.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
not sure if it is better, since all of it is beaten to death...
AQVXZ11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't the anime adaptation cover the previous "part 1"? After all, it makes little sense to announce an adaptation of only the continuation, as it only has two chapters out. The "prequel" is complete. Not to mention, how will people know about the characters and story line if they just pick up the middle of the series...
gorbal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
This manga looks good. I hope it gets popular and they adapt "Madness" some day.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
AQVXZ11 wrote:
Shouldn't the anime adaptation cover the previous "part 1"? After all, it makes little sense to announce an adaptation of only the continuation, as it only has two chapters out. The "prequel" is complete. Not to mention, how will people know about the characters and story line if they just pick up the middle of the series...

Like Brave10 S, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok and Peace Maker Kurogane were two other manga titles that were renamed (from Matantei Loki/Mythical Detective Loki and Peace Maker) after switching magazines. Nevertheless the TV anime versions of Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok and Peace Maker Kurogane still depicted the story told in the original manga runs.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Not entirely PMK combined the first peacemaker story and the Peacemaker Kurogane manga into one show...which kinda sucked.

I'm going through Brave10 chapters now and yeah I gotta say they should probably start from the beginning. While there are a lot of Sengoku period/Tokugawa Shogunate era manga out there, they vary in concept enough that I'm excited to see just about any one of them get an anime adaptation.

...And yeah it better than another Moe show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1