• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Relativity Options Live-Action Voltron Film Rights

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Do not want.

If there's another live-action mecha movie besides Bayformers, I want it to be Gundam, but done in a serious Star Wars-like manner (aka, faithful to the Anime).

Voltron would just be an awful Bayformers cash-in with unnecessary boobs and swear words that didn't exist in the cartoon.
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote
Man, who still cares about Go Lion? First the new cartoons, now this.. why wont America let it die like Japan did? Razz Though maybe it's less about anime and more about '80s show we must revive and keep alive and remake as often as we can' like Transformers and Thundercats.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
and My Little Pony.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
Jessica Hart wrote:
Man, who still cares about Go Lion? First the new cartoons, now this.. why wont America let it die like Japan did? Razz Though maybe it's less about anime and more about '80s show we must revive and keep alive and remake as often as we can' like Transformers and Thundercats.

What's exactly wrong with people still obsessing over old fandoms exactly? I never grow out of mine. Goes for both Anime and American animation.
...I still watch Unico religiously (there is my old anime fix); and I still watch Disney's Little Mermaid (there is my old cartoon fix).

As for them making a movie. *sigh*...They really HAVE run out of ideas, haven't they... I'll just hold my comments on it being crappy until I see the trailers.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Do not want.

If there's another live-action mecha movie besides Bayformers, I want it to be Gundam, but done in a serious Star Wars-like manner (aka, faithful to the Anime).

Voltron would just be an awful Bayformers cash-in with unnecessary boobs and swear words that didn't exist in the cartoon.

Hahaha, you want a movie to contradict itself like Star Wars series?

And there really isn't anything wrong with the Transformers movies; you know what your'e getting before you watch it. If ya don't like how someone shoots a movie..don't watch it.

I'd prefer Voltron to Gundam, myself.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:

If it's gonna be faithful, it'd be to the American Voltron because that's what this nostalgia is about.

Jaymie wrote:

Yeah, doncha hate it when anime does that to a source material? Besides, who cares about boobs on the princess? If a new anime remade GoLion today, guaranteed there'd be boobs and panties. Laughing

Jessica Hart wrote:
Man, who still cares about Go Lion? First the new cartoons, now this.. why wont America let it die like Japan did? Razz

In Japan, it's just one of many of its kind. In America, it's pretty much the only one of its kind, so it's the iconic representation of that kind.

Kinda like Anne of Green Gables in Japan. In America, it's just one of many books of that kind. In Japan, it's the iconic Western children's book such that many Japanese tourists visit Prince Edward Island where the book is based.

Jessica Hart wrote:

Though maybe it's less about anime and more about '80s show we must revive and keep alive and remake as often as we can' like Transformers and Thundercats.

Probably. Many 80's babies have now grown up to powerful positions in the industry. In a decade, it'll be the 90's babies' turn. Laughing
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
What's exactly wrong with people still obsessing over old fandoms exactly? I never grow out of mine. Goes for both Anime and American animation.
...I still watch Unico religiously (there is my old anime fix); and I still watch Disney's Little Mermaid (there is my old cartoon fix).

I don't mean just watching 'em which is fine, but like companies who keep trying to remake it over and over or use those medic defibrillators on it to try to keep it alive. Smurfs, Underdog, Chipmunks, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, it's like all over now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1