• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Industry Panel [2011-07-30]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kawamura revealed that Crunchyroll does not have any plans to release any more titles on DVD after they recently released Makoto Shinkai's film 5 Centimeters Per Second.
I noticed that this was even plugged at the Sunrise/Bandai event. Did their DVD release end up costing them more than it recouped, like ANN's personal streaming video experiment (per the ironic ANN panel)?
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Crunchyroll is working on bringing the site to Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii platforms.
That is quite nice to know! But I can always access Crunchyroll on my PS3 but going to the Internet browser.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Quote:
Crunchyroll is working on bringing the site to Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii platforms.
That is quite nice to know! But I can always access Crunchyroll on my PS3 but going to the Internet browser.
Yep, though I wish my 360 could do this. It'll be nice to be able to stream CR on my 360, though will free crunchyroll streaming be enabled or will those who wish to stream have to have an account, ala Hulu & CR Mobile? I am a semi-proud CR subscriber, but I'd still like to know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1