• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Zero no Tsukaima Anime Titled, Slated for January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kh_gal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
HELL YES.

...Anybody know how many episodes it's going to be?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Despite how horrifyingly terrible the 3rd season was, I'm looking forward to see how it ends... along with the inevitable Louise-tan shorts.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Despite how horrifyingly terrible the 3rd season was, I'm looking forward to see how it ends... along with the inevitable Louise-tan shorts.

I remember reading a review stating the third season wasn't that great and that even though the second season wasn't much better, the third just wasn't as enjoyable.

It will be interesting to see how this series ends and if the series will actually have a conclusive ending or end on somewhat of a cliff hanger. Cliff hangers tend leave the story open (in some, not all cases) so I can't really imagine that occurring.

But given how bad the third season seemed, it makes me wonder if the fourth and final season will be much better. Hopefully, if only for the author's sake.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quote
maybe they finally pull an acr story where louise & etc travel to saito's world aka japan.

come on so could likely if this final one yea so might pull this idea really one thing to make a twist to see.
GracieMarie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:32 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

I remember reading a review stating the third season wasn't that great and that even though the second season wasn't much better, the third just wasn't as enjoyable.

Hmm, I would put the second season above the first and the third is waaaaaaaaaay down. The second season had the most solid writing and a great balance between drama and comedy. It had one of the best final episodes ever to be made for an action series. Whereas the third season was just Saito falling into boobs and Louise getting mad, as well as ret-conning a lot of awesome stuff that happened in the second season Sad
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:41 am Reply with quote
kh_gal wrote:

...Anybody know how many episodes it's going to be?

No official word yet on that, but given that the previous 3 series were 1-cour, it would be strange for the final series to be longer.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quote
I really hope someone license rescues this series so I can own the other seasons on DVD!
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
I really hope someone license rescues this series so I can own the other seasons on DVD!

Funi kept the licence

http://www.funimation.com/the-familiar-of-zero
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:34 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

Funi kept the licence

Maybe someone can correct all of us, but I thought they let it lapse, not enough sales to warrant keeping it around. A quick check at TRSI shows no Zero collections to be had.

This does seem like the perfect title for Sentai to pick up, esp. with what they did with Rozen Maiden.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

Funi kept the licence

Maybe someone can correct all of us, but I thought they let it lapse, not enough sales to warrant keeping it around. A quick check at TRSI shows no Zero collections to be had.

This does seem like the perfect title for Sentai to pick up, esp. with what they did with Rozen Maiden.

they also grabbed hell girl so who knows, but according to this forum, http://www.fandompost.com/forums/showthread.php?1960-FUNimation-No-more-Higurash funimation will not be releasing any more familiar of zero, along with when they cry. so maybe sentai films will scoop up the other seasons on the cheap and give us some sub only releases
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote
I thought the final novel is not coming out until February (at the earliest)? I don't see how this is a good move in that regard. I would rather have them put this in Fall 2012 so that J.C. Staff can focus on Shakugan no Shana III considering that studio is likely going to be working on 5 projects at once again.
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I am actually surprised that it got a final fourth season. usually Zero no tsukaima was a summer series that ha come out every year before hand like clockwork (I think that's what it was.... not to sure anymore) and when the new season failed to show up I assumed it was because seasons 2 and 3 had sucked so bad that it had chased people away from purchasing it making it a to much of a loss to continue.

hopefully this season can reclaim the glory of it's first season....

Quote:
I thought the final novel is not coming out until February (at the earliest)? I don't see how this is a good move in that regard. I would rather have them put this in Fall 2012 so that J.C. Staff can focus on Shakugan no Shana III considering that studio is likely going to be working on 5 projects at once again.

at this point Shana has already been finished from the studios point of view and all that's left to do (probably) is to broadcast it, package it and sell it. and that's probably a spreate side from the actual animation staff.....
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:39 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

Funi kept the licence

For your consideration:
http://ein.funimation.com/funimation-general/forum/funimation-central/funimation-general/what-shows-from-the-geneon-distro[/url]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 am Reply with quote
Zero no Tsukaima F is probably the correct grade expectation of it given what happened previously. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1