• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ms. Answerman: The Great Online Petition

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Some of those responses in those petitions are really funny. Laughing Just goes to show you that it's true that "the internet makes you stupid" (I believe that's from Something Awful...).
kenshin77

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I have to say this Ms. Answerman. Rurouni Kenshin or Samurai X "Reflections" is not the true ending of the Story. I thought that "Reflections" was a god awful end to story. I know some people will say that, oh if kenshin continued on to live he would probably live this or like that, but I just think the true end to series ended with the manga. With that said everyone, please read the manga as it comes out. Laughing Cool
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
It should be noted that while Online Petitions are easy to make, many Respectable NGO's and the Goverment prefer Pen and Paper Petitions than online ones. Online Petitions run the risk of fake signors (as evident by the numerous "comments" on some of the petitions).
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote
I was hoping that the petition would be to stop online petitions.
Cicatriz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:04 am Reply with quote
Man...you don't even know how much I have to thank you. Some sort of plague has been going around, causing people to make at least 5 new threads about the 'petition' a day on the AOL anime board. :/
Vukir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Wow... The petition to 'Ban Anime' was clearly a joke... With signatures about homosexual activity in Yugi-oh(spelling?). But, I was rather amused with the people who took the petition seriously. If you can spare the chance, look through some of the signatures.

Aside from that. I am not gramaticaly perfect, but I do preffer when people use periods at the end of a sentance, capitalize the letter 'I', and look their work over for easy spelling and typing mistakes. I can not spell... So, I cannot berate spelling too much. But I agree with the Ms.Anserman, questions should only be submited if you can type better than a 5 year old. At least, in my own humble opinion.

(And watch, I am sure there are dozens of mistakes in my post... Anime smile)
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
The Star of this Taco Stand wrote:
Until such a miracle happens, I will continue to poke at flaws, make jokes, and insult and amuse readers in a single bound. I will also include extra information when it applies in the hopes that everyone will find a little something in this column that they can enjoy.

I'm glad you are. You know, just because you're not a flash animation with a wrestling mask for a head, boxing gloves for hands, and a heinously outdated computer as a workstation doesn't mean you can't point out major, obvious, and majorly obvious flaws in what people say. We have the right to say want we want and at our own risk. Should we choose to ignore that risk, then it sucks for us, now, don't it?

Jamee wrote:
I just read the first volume of Tokyopop's DearS manga and I absolutely loved it.

The manga's out?! Quick! Get me my blowtorch! Twisted Evil

(I only hope that Tokyopop pulled out their magic markers on this one. However, I must admit, Miu and Nia are awesome-nii.)

If you think I'm bad now, just wait till KonoMini comes over.
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:38 am Reply with quote
The author of the "ban anime" petition needs to get a life STAT! Twisted Evil

As for grammatical errors, there was a suggestion that stated that before you make a post or e-mail a question, type it in your word processor first, and then use the spell checker for any misspelling and grammatical errors. This is especially helpful for lenghty posts. Cool
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quote
When you get a chance, read this article about e-petitions. You can also find the link in the FAQ section of ANN:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm
Tiresias

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
The author of the "ban anime" petition needs to get a life STAT! :twisted:

You do realize that the original ban anime petition was nothing more than a joke don't you? It was never meant to be serious, it was more a jab at those ultra-conservative Christian groups that wan't to ban any type of entertainment that they consider blasphemous. Things like Harry Potter or Spirited Away since they have magic, and any of the many animes dealing with the four gods since that is teaching children to worship pagan gods.

I'm pretty sure that author does have a life, they were just making fun of those who don't. Unfortunately, there are too many people out there who believe that everything you see on the internet must be true, so this little joke has turned into a viper against the very fans it was meant to support. Now THOSE people need to get a life.
AncientDragonValgaav

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:57 am Reply with quote
If you think I'm bad now, just wait till KonoMini comes over.[/quote]

I sincerely doubt KonoMini will ever come out stateside. That had to be one of the worst things I have ever seen.
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:
You do realize that the original ban anime petition was nothing more than a joke don't you?

Well, duh! Rolling Eyes I just wish that this person did something more constructive with his/her time than to waste it with this dribble.
Generator_Gawl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I was always under the impression that Kenshin dies of tuberculosis (aka consumption) at the end of Reflections. I don't get too worked up about how it ends because its set so far in future continuity compared with the rest of the series that there exists endless storytelling possibilities to bridge the gap between the TV series end and Reflections if they ever fet like revisiting the animated Kenshin universe.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Well, duh! Rolling Eyes I just wish that this person did something more constructive with his/her time than to waste it with this dribble.

You mean like wasting time complaining about fake online petitions on a anime web forum? Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
biliano wrote:

You mean like wasting time complaining about fake online petitions on a anime web forum? Wink

Emerje

Touché!Wink

Last edited by biliano on Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3