• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Moe Vitamins Offered in Japan in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Murder She wrote:

"Sister Milk" for calcium

I've got a fever.................... What's the only prescription for that? Laughing
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Murder She wrote:

"Sister Milk" for calcium

I've got a fever.................... What's the only prescription for that? Laughing

About 2 table spoons of dayquil. If you excuse me, I need to go milk my cow. I swear, I am going to tare that bell off of him if he doesn't make more.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Very appropriate given some recent research suggesting that vitamin supplements not absorbed through natural sources can't actually do anything on their own.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JuicyB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I wish my vitamins came with moe characters. To hell with the flinstones
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh Japan!!! Laughing

OK, I've seen a lot of moeification on a lot of thing like Sony doing moe and the Japanese constitution getting all moefied. This (the moe vitamin) is getting a bit out of hand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Sorry double post, ANN or my internet connection has been lagging here.

Last edited by mdo7 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I can see some nice doujinshi coming out of this Very Happy

Surrender Artist wrote:
Very appropriate given some recent research suggesting that vitamin supplements not absorbed through natural sources can't actually do anything on their own.

straying off topic, that's not really true btw. Suppliments can and do work. Bioavailability does however change depending on form and other compounds taken with them.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

Surrender Artist wrote:

straying off topic, that's not really true btw. Supplements can and do work. Bioavailability does however change depending on form and other compounds taken with them.

Yeah, since it was something I vaguely remembered having half-red in a newspaper, I figured it might not be, but factual accuracy didn't figure very strongly in my thinking.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Moe Vitamins what is next
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

PubMed-worthy article, please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
nght5tlkr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

Moe Gummi candies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:28 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

Moe shots
Moe antibiotics
Moe cough syrup
Moe suppository

I could keep going on and on, but I would end up running the joke into the ground.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
I could keep going on and on, but I would end up running the joke into the ground.

Not to worry, they are looking out for you, and have something to keep you going for a while longer (PNOI)...
Quote:
Moe Vitamins: The Men's Supplement [...] packs are being sold for 1,280 yen (about US$17),
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
This actually is a good business move on there part. For one thing, since the craze of the 80s and 90s the supplimental vitamin market has started to slowly decline. There is obvious research that supports, anything one can classify as a collectable, creates an increased incentive for purchasing which in turn increases profit.

Take the concept of whenever a business here in America offers you a free television when purchasing a bedroom set or a toy in a kids meal. When those trends originally started there was a measurable increase in sales almost immediately. That's exactly what I believe will happen here.

With 1:4 people in Japan labeling themselves Otaku there is no doubt this will be a trend that will continue for some time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1