• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Listen To Me Girls, I'm Your Father!' Anime, Game Videos Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote
I think these videos should tell people this is NOT going to be like Usagi Drop, like I saw a lot of people comparing it to in the Spotlight topic.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Well this looks outright foul.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
At first I thought it was going to be a tad more unique and have the main actually be...you know, older than 19. So that was kinda disappointing.

And then I actually watched the trailer, and was far more disappointed >>;
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

Yep. Now I know to avoid it like the pedo plague it is.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Though not without its quirks, one cannot help but wonder whether this franchise will be granted greater favour by those without younger siblings of their own than by one's current self.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote
30 seconds into trailer
Okay, so maybe this show won't be that bad.

exactly on 34 secs *picture of main lead grabbing a little girl's boobs*

=__= <-Me: Disgusted

Not only would that be illegal in America (she looks very young) but that fact that is his niece makes this far too disturbing for me to handle. Evil or Very Mad
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Heh, can't they make wholesome families anymore! Laughing
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

Yep. Now I know to avoid it like the pedo plague it is.

....pfftt i give this series 2 episodes before dropping it. Then again this site is full a-moral f*** that get upset over the sliest thing. You can not now or ever base a series on a trailer. I have been proved on this so many times before..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
I'm not even as concerned with how squicky it is...it's the fact that hordes of godawful slimy otaku will probably eat this shit up. Like, I think this thing manages to touch on every terrible trend in anime over the past five years, all in one little trailer...and it'll still sell.

Like Zac said in an old ANNcast, remember when anime was viewed as "that really cool thing" by a lot of people in the West? This is about as far from cool as is humanly possible.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:47 am Reply with quote
Did you guys all realize that both the 2 big youtube videos embedded are for
Quote:
From the article:
the first 131-second promotional video for the PSP game version and the 47-second promotional video for the "Toy Box" smartphone app.

Which will obviously have those kind of scenes.

I've only read one out of the many manga series that this has been adapted to, but squicky, foul, or pedo plague are definitely not the kinds of term that I would use to describe it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Like, I think this thing manages to touch on every terrible trend in anime over the past five years, all in one little trailer...and it'll still sell.

This is going to sell terribly. No doubt about it.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Like, I think this thing manages to touch on every terrible trend in anime over the past five years, all in one little trailer...and it'll still sell.

This is going to sell terribly. No doubt about it.

Let me say something for a minute, despite what this maybe I can still hope for a heart warming drama right?? I am sick of people throwing the moe~ pedo, shit around all the time and yes I will admit this isn't an anime for us in the west. "some series have proven us wrong however.. lucky star I do love but i don't know why..ahem"

It's a simple fan-service series with your basic shy, tsundere, kuudere and loli arc types for hardcore otaku to fap over. However I will not judge this based on trailer, it's not professional nor is it the right thing to do from my reviewers stand point, but i will not fully disagree with you guys.

On a different note I think Japan is trying way to hard with the incest envelope as of late which creeps me out a bit with uncle/niece but eh.. 'yousga no sora was good...for reasons" so was canvas 2, kannon 2006 'cousins don't bother me". There are two options left for the series i just hope it takes the high ground and he goes for his shy, child hood friend to help raise the girls.. do i honestly see this happening..50/50 chance.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

It's a simple fan-service series with your basic shy, tsundere, kuudere and loli arc types for hardcore otaku to fap over. However I will not judge this based on trailer, it's not professional nor is it the right thing to do from my reviewers stand point, but i will not fully disagree with you guys.

But we do it all the time from blockbuster movies to 80-sec dub trailers......... Laughing

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

On a different note I think Japan is trying way to hard with the incest envelope as of late which creeps me out a bit with uncle/niece but eh..

Oh c'mon, Cec, ya can't imagine yourself like that.......... Laughing
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:14 am Reply with quote
War, War never changes.
IchiroFox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:48 am Reply with quote
They're releasing a body pillow with the kindergartener on it. Eww..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2