• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nazo no Kanojo X Manga to Get TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I like this manga. It had gotten a little boring and doll in the latest chapters, but it was pretty good during the middle arcs (right before the idol arc). It should work fine as a one-cour anime.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to this, really enjoyed the manga.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
drooling on her desk while she is sleeping, and he tastes it

He...tastes the drool??? Confused Am I missing something here? Please tell me I'm misinterpreting this.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Quote:

He...tastes the drool??? Confused Am I missing something here? Please tell me I'm misinterpreting this.

You read correctly. I know it sounds very weird, but despite the plot synopsis it is a great manga.
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
omg! omg! omg! can't believe this is getting an anime, was the first manga i ever started reading but i thought the time had gone for this to get an anime, great news just before bed there
Scormio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Despite what the description may seem, this is a REALLY good manga. As long as it sticks to the story, the anime is going to be amazing.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quote
It's been ages since I fell behind on this -- I've had catching up with it on my to-do list for a while. Oddly conservative despite being really fetishy -- I'd be surprised if the manga ever got to Urabe and Tsubaki's first kiss. Whether it gets there or not, he'll probably come close to drowning when it happens. Very Happy (No, he doesn't get his dose that way. Dose, you ask? That's a detail the news post left out -- he becomes addicted to her saliva. Literally.)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I can only hope it doesn't "collide" with another "super-title" like Yume Tsukai vs. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Back then, Yume Tsukai had the most stellar seiyu cast of spring 2006, but its adaptation and animation were completely outclassed by Haruhi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Hope it's only a one season show that ends before the idol arc and then chapters of zero development thereafter.
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hope it's only a one season show that ends before the idol arc and then chapters of zero development thereafter.

The movie arc looks like it could be pretty promising. But yeah, the idol and the few empty chapters thereafter sucked.
nargun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I can only hope it doesn't "collide" with another "super-title" like Yume Tsukai vs. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Back then, Yume Tsukai had the most stellar seiyu cast of spring 2006, but its adaptation and animation were completely
outclassed by Haruhi.

I think Yumetsukai's failure as a work is more attributable to the difficulties of adapting something like the Yumetsukai manga to broadcast format and the adapting staff's evident decision to not even try, a decision I can't in good faith fault them for.

Nazo no Kanojo X doesn't have those sorts of problems. [nor does discommunication, incidently.]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Quote:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 am Reply with quote
I hope they animate the entire thing and not just some of the chapters. And I hope they don't drag on the Idol arc (not that it was bad) just for the sake of having a high episode count.

I also hope it gets popular enough to make more seasons to cover upcoming chapters

And lastly, I hope it gets an English dub in the future.

Yes, I know I'm asking a lot, but there's nothing wrong with wishing and hoping. I'm being realistic and not expecting all that until we see how well it does or doesn't do with audiences.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
I think Yumetsukai's failure as a work is more attributable to the difficulties of adapting something like the Yumetsukai manga to broadcast format and the adapting staff's evident decision to not even try, a decision I can't in good faith fault them for.

Agreed. The entire 6 volumes of Yume Tsukai manga had merely 2.5 story arcs; neither of the first two was suitable for TV broadcast, even for today. Age ratings aside, if animation staff could use 2-3 episodes per story arc, plus stories from Seirei-hen of Discommunication, they could still wrap up a good season of 13 episodes.

BTW, the character designs of Urabe and Oka look just like Ruru (short hair) and Akira of Yume Tsukai, respectively. Not that I'm complaining at all. Mr. Green

enurtsol wrote:
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I take that you've never kissed someone? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
selfDemanDeD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Kissing is one thing, tasting the drool is pretty perverted. Never thought about trying that. But I'm not really shocked and don't really mind that being a start for a story. On the other hand, people saying about main heroes not even getting to the first kiss is what bothers me. I find animes without even one kiss somewhat cruel. Those japanese, what's with being too pure and too perverted simultaneously?! Smile

P.S. dormcat, just curious, was your remark supposed to be a troll or were you serious?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2