• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Saint Seiya TV Season 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
Nagiza, I think I am begining to see the point of your reviews.
Forgive me if I was a little slow before, but now I think I am
beginning to see the point. Good Work!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote
That one wasn't mine, though. That was Chris Shephard's review. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:16 am Reply with quote
Nagiza, have you seen the Hades saga? Have you seen the Asgard or Poseidon sagas? Have you seen the movies? Do you know anything about saint seiya's theme of not giving up and givin git all you got? Find me an anime that develops such reality and I will tell you saint seiya sucks.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
gonzaleza wrote:
Nagiza, have you seen the Hades saga? Have you seen the Asgard or Poseidon sagas? Have you seen the movies? Do you know anything about saint seiya's theme of not giving up and givin git all you got? Find me an anime that develops such reality and I will tell you saint seiya sucks.

What the hell? I just told you the Saint Seiya reviews aren't mine. Why are you pitching a fit at me just because someone else simply does not like your favourite little cartoon. I haven't even seen the series, I honestly don't care to (don't even get me started on your little "challenge" to find something better), and I never wrote the reviews. Quit blaming me for others' work and jumping on my back for a show I haven't even considered thinking about maybe watching if the mood ever struck me that I might possibly someday be interested. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
gonzaleza wrote:
Do you know anything about saint seiya's theme of not giving up and givin git all you got? Find me an anime that develops such reality and I will tell you saint seiya sucks.

1. It's an old review written by Chris Shepard three years ago.

2. The name is Nagisa.

3. In front of masterpieces like NTHT, Saint Seiya really sucks. It's okay to show main character's strong spirits, yet if the main character has nothing worthy other than his "strong spirits," the story would soon become laughable, if not annoying.

Go now and read more SD Seiya.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:58 am Reply with quote
Just tell me how old you are and then I will see some things for myself. Just tell me your age and the age of that other guy.
And I never try to make you watch saint seiya. I don't really care if you like it or not what I do care about is if people back talk about it. That's all. Is no fit just some support.
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:23 am Reply with quote
I just have one question if saint seiya is really so bad then why are there so many episodes?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote
gonzaleza wrote:
Just tell me how old you are and then I will see some things for myself. Just tell me your age and the age of that other guy.

Search it on this site. Or just make a guess. Anyway, I wonder where you were when I started reading Saint Seiya when it started serialization in 1986.

This thread has become pointless. Don't you think so, Nagi? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quote
Hey, 1986, that's when I was born.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
What is it about Saint Seiya fans, at least of the sort that get vocal about it on anime message boards?

I have no grudges against people defending shows they like, "De gustibus non est disputandum" and all that, but the militant Saint Seiya fans on the Internet seem to have this zealous "you HAVE to like it, it's impossible not to like it, and, if you don't like it, it's only because you haven't seen the right episodes/story arcs" streak that is unmatched by militant fans of any other anime, even the pseudo-intellectual stuff.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of reasonable, not-quite-so-vocal, Saint Seiya fans that admit that the show won't appeal to everybody (it's certainly not my cup of tea, but a lot of things with large followings aren't my cup of tea, like Fullmetal Alchemist and Lord of the Rings), and I'm not trying to paint all Saint Seiya fans with the same brush, it's just the zealotry and the incapability to accept negative reviews seems to be particularly prevalent in the Saint Seiya fandom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
gonzaleza wrote:

What the hell does this have to do with liking, disliking, or even having any motivation to watch Saint Seiya whatsoever?

gonzaleza wrote:
I don't really care if you like it or not what I do care about is if people back talk about it. That's all. Is no fit just some support.

That makes a lot of sense. So people are allowed to dislike the series, but they're forbidden from saying so? Sorry, no, it doesn't work that way. That's ludicrous, at best.

Anyway, this is ridiculous. You apparently still blame US for some other guy's review, in which he expressed an honest opinion that's equally valid, though opposite in stance to yours. You can't take it when someone disagrees with you, and you continue to blame us for it. Grow up, please.

Locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1