• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FLCL Storyboard Book

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromeda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Ooh... according to the CNN currency converter: 3,465.00 Japanese Yen = 30.57 USD.

Not bad, if it's got the entire storyboard collection (with so many pages, I'm sure it does). Actually, with that many pages, that's more like coffee table book size or larger... since I can't read Japanese yet, I don't know how large the actual book is in dimension...

Anyway, as I'm interested in the animation process myself, and I like FLCL so much, I wouldn't mind getting that for the listed price. That's pretty darn cool.

Wonder if Right Stuf or any of the other places I go to will have copies for sale? Hmm...

-Andromeda
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
According to the website it's printed on A6 (105mm × 148mm). If it's harcover, the covers would be somewhat bigger.

-t

Edit - it's A5, I can't read -.-;

Last edited by Tempest on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
DBW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I checked Amazon Japan and it wasn't listed. Can this book only be bought through the Gainax website? I sure hope not, 'cause I seriously want it! Shocked
RedComet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope this goes and starts getting sold at various places online and even eventually cons so I can buy one. I don't feel like ordering one from Japan.
Andromeda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
According to the website it's printed on A6 (105mm × 148mm). If it's harcover, the covers would be somewhat bigger.

Thanks! Very Happy

Quote:
I hope this goes and starts getting sold at various places online and even eventually cons so I can buy one. I don't feel like ordering one from Japan.

I'm sure you'll eventually see a copy on eBay, at least. You might also want to check with places like the Nichibei Anime Club, which has a lot of collector's books and stuff. They probably don't have it yet (they haven't had time to get it in stock, I'd wager, since it's only being released now) but they might get some copies eventually, and places like Anime Pavilion might have it eventually as well, since I know they've stocked Japanese copies of soundtracks and manga in the past.

I'd be wary of getting it at a con before the final day, though. Sometimes the prices get really jacked up before that on collectables (there are plenty of reputable dealers, but you never know sometimes); on the other hand, sometimes they're lower, especially the further along in the con it gets (I've gotten fantastic deals on collectables like figures on the final days of cons, because people really don't want to have to carry that much stuff back with them or would like to think it wasn't a wasted trip). Just keep in mind that the thing's supposed to be worth about $30 or so. Probably would have to tack on a little extra considering they'd be importing it from overseas, but anything much over $40 is probably way too much IMO, though that may just be me.

I hope Right Stuf gets some in. I know they tend to have more stuff that's been licensed over here (for instance, not carrying R2 DVDs), but it'd be nice to get it from there, because they've got good customer service and good prices on a lot of their stuff (of course, so does Nichibei, but Nichibei specializes more in collectible stuff or direct imports like cels, art books or film books... which is pretty much why I mention it here at all, because they're actually fairly likely to have it).

Anyway, though... neat, I hope we can get it over here for a decent price at some point in the near future, even if we can't read Japanese. Wink

-Andromeda
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Treeloot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Buying this is awfully tempting. I'll see if Sasuga Books has it sometime since I usually get my Japanese manga from there.
DBW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:

According to the website it's printed on A5. That would be 5 7/8" by 8 1/4" (the size of a typical Kanzenban manga).
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I hope Animegamers, Synch-Point, or Tokyopop releases an English version of it; cause I soooooooooooo want it (wishful thinking, I know).
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
i'd buy it even if i couldn't read it. i just want to have it.
red stranger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
This is a great idea, and I wish they could do something like this for Cowboy Bebop - at least the movie.

But I'm not big eough of a FLCL fan to get this...
hamiko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge FLCL fan, i can't read japanese or anything but it'll be a nice addition to my collection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1