• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moyashimon Returns to TV in New Anime This July

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
NO WAY.

YAY!!! This is one of my favorite anime! I can't WAIT!!

Now will someone PLEASE license the original anime so I could buy it??
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Along with Horizon, Rinne, and Muv-Luv, Summer confirmed for kicking Spring's ass.
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's really exciting! Moyashimon was one of that small group of series in the 2000s that I felt was fantastic but really needed a second half to resolve interesting plotlines raised in that initial series of episodes and show its potential as a complete series.

If this anime is a direct continuation of the first season, I'm all the way there. Not only is it nice to see a show about college-age folks (instead of the ubiquitous high school students), but especially interesting to see one with as unconventional a bent as "a guy can see microbes and he studies at an agricultural university." I think a rewatch of the original episodes are in order before this hits. Smile
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Along with Horizon, Rinne, and Muv-Luv, Summer confirmed for kicking Spring's ass.

Always the comedian.

For me, Moyashimon was pretty watchable and even enjoyable, but I didn't like how it had multiple problems. And it really didn't seem to know what sort of a series it wanted to be, which made watching it like spying on a teenager trying on different clothes in front of a mirror. I would not put the first Moyashimon series in even the second rank of titles, let alone call it a top-tier title. But who knows, maybe in this season the story and characters will have found their feet.
Konopan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
NUOH GOD MY BALLS
This year went from pretty cool to crazy pizza party in the blink of an eye
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
And we Americans will get shafted again in the trifecta of Manga, Anime, and TV series.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
ittoujuu wrote:
Wow, that's really exciting! Moyashimon was one of that small group of series in the 2000s that I felt was fantastic but really needed a second half to resolve interesting plotlines raised in that initial series of episodes and show its potential as a complete series.

If this anime is a direct continuation of the first season, I'm all the way there. Not only is it nice to see a show about college-age folks (instead of the ubiquitous high school students), but especially interesting to see one with as unconventional a bent as "a guy can see microbes and he studies at an agricultural university." I think a rewatch of the original episodes are in order before this hits. Smile

Indeed. I really want to see the continuation of Kei's story, especially. Which was why I was so excited that we at least got the manga... and then Del Rey stopped publishing it and Kodansha USA never resumed it. So I'm thrilled that they are making another anime series, and with a title like Moyashimon Returns, it has to be a direct continuation of the original.

More smiling, cute bacteria is always a good thing.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, guess I'd better get on it and watch the original series huh?
partially

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Neat. I had given up hope of ever seeing this story. Now if Kodansha announced the continuation of the manga past volume 2, that would really make my day.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
fantastic! I loved the first season and really wanted it to continue from the the middle of nowhere it left off at.
Couldn't bear the LA "Drama" though, I tried to continue it with the expectation that it would go a bit further into the story but ultimately I realized that it was so bad that it would ruin the enjoyment.

If JManga piked up the manga it would actually convince me to pay for the site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
funimation, i wanna see this on dvd. this and the other season. (you know what i mean.)
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Okay, that's it! I propose a writing campaign to bug Kodansha USA to start printing Moyasimon in English again! Who's with me? Let's tweet them, email them, write to their editors until they agree to get this quirky, scientific title back on the market!

Because I own the first two volumes, and I want to know what the microbes in my yogurt, cheese and grain alcohols of choice are thinking, darn it! Cool

(Super excited about the second season of the anime. Hope it's streamed round here!)
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
28076004505531 wrote:
funimation, i wanna see this on dvd. this and the other season. (you know what i mean.)

I wanna see the live-action version on DVD. F****ing FUNimation.
kufirst

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
Woohoo! Please be simulcast here in the States!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2