• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Yuko Goto Expects to Leave Hospital in August

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevelinu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
Yes!! Some very, very good news right here.
I really prayed for her every evening, so I am glad to hear that she will probably be well again.
Of course I am also happy that that probably means it will be no problem to be able to voice Hiro again in Hidamari Sketch X Honeycomb which will air in October.
I am so happy right now!! Very Happy
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote
Wonderful news! Get well soon, Goto-san!
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote
Watching a bit of Venus Williams's opening-round loss at Wimbeldon showed clearly the effects of her auto-immune problem. I'd imagine it affects athletes more profoundly than seiyuu, but let me extend my good wishes to Goto-san as well. I just rewatched Haruhi the other day, and though Mikuru's character is always cringe-worthy, Goto's performance is spot on.

2 1/2 months in a hospital? I doubt any American insurer would pay for that unless you're on some Cadillac plan. The baseball anime nicknamed Moshidora has a continuously hospitalized character suffering from some unnamed mysterious illness. It struck me at the time that I'd seen people kept hospitalized in anime for quite long periods. Out of curiosity, I took a look at some OECD figures, and the difference between Japan and the rest of the richer countries is striking. In 2009, the average length of stay for a hospitalization In Japan was 32.5 days, over twice the next highest value, 14.9, for Korea. Most countries reported average lengths of stay around 6-9 days.
thomas8166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
Relieved to hear that! Hopefully we can expect her performance in Hidamari Sketch!

Get well soon, Goto-san!
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
Best news of the week. =)

I'm so glad she's doing better, hope her condition keeps improving!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
It's good to hear she's recovering. And that she'll be back in time for Hidamari Sketch season 4. It wouldn't be the same without her.

yuna49 wrote:
It struck me at the time that I'd seen people kept hospitalized in anime for quite long periods. Out of curiosity, I took a look at some OECD figures, and the difference between Japan and the rest of the richer countries is striking. In 2009, the average length of stay for a hospitalization In Japan was 32.5 days, over twice the next highest value, 14.9, for Korea. Most countries reported average lengths of stay around 6-9 days.

That's an interesting find, Yuna. Maybe it ties in with the mysteriously debilitating colds that people catch in anime?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Finally some good news. ^^
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:

2 1/2 months in a hospital? I doubt any American insurer would pay for that unless you're on some Cadillac plan. The baseball anime nicknamed Moshidora has a continuously hospitalized character suffering from some unnamed mysterious illness. It struck me at the time that I'd seen people kept hospitalized in anime for quite long periods. Out of curiosity, I took a look at some OECD figures, and the difference between Japan and the rest of the richer countries is striking. In 2009, the average length of stay for a hospitalization In Japan was 32.5 days, over twice the next highest value, 14.9, for Korea. Most countries reported average lengths of stay around 6-9 days.

It's really more the illness and your symptoms, rather than the insurance plan that determines how long you stay. I work at a hospital and on my unit we regularly have patients with fairly cheap insurance that stay one or two months. On our long term cancer unit, some patients can stay upwards of six months, even with less than desirable insurance coverage, though they often end up with copays out the ass when they get home.
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
thank god! I hope she keeps getting better and better Smile
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
*sigh of relief*, She's OK. This is good news, I take it that she's fully recovered. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yu3lora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
YAY!!! Lets still pray for her everyone so that she can recover in full speed.. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1