• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Crossover Lineup Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 am Reply with quote
This should be amusing.
Some portions of the Dragon Ball and One Piece fanbase online seem to be very attached to how fast/strong they believe their favourites are, as some may have noticed following the Superman vs Goku Death Battle.

I expect the scaling to all over the place and some people somewhere to take this as an official God given source proving X > Y regardless of consistent strengths and weaknesses in the manga (which perhaps the anime, OVAs and movies never contradict).

*Looks back at the description...*

A race? Still my post is relevant...
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote
I'll be incredibly disappointed if there isn't a food eating contest somewhere in this between the three main characters. I mean, there kinda has to be with a sponsor like that.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 am Reply with quote
DBZ has the most characters, cool!
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
So...it's Wacky Races: JUMP edition?
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I'll be incredibly disappointed if there isn't a food eating contest somewhere in this between the three main characters. I mean, there kinda has to be with a sponsor like that.

Emerje

This shall be the REAL final battle between the 3, a much more worthy and fitting challenge for such titans.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
Okay, I'm in. I do love all three series, and this sounds like a lot of fun. If nothing else this will be epically silly and enjoyable.

I highly suspect the after-race will feature the much anticipated eating contest. (They have to do something with all the food Sanji and Komatsu make).

Is anyone else amused that DBZ is bringing the character of "Announcer"? And hey, at least every line up has at least one female fighter.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
Because there are still several characters vastly more powerful than they are:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Alucard, The Lord Of Nightmares, Sailor Moon, Madoka Kaname, and Haruhi Suzumiya. Now THERE'S a battle worth seeing.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Because there are still several characters vastly more powerful than they are:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Alucard, The Lord Of Nightmares, Sailor Moon, Madoka Kaname, and Haruhi Suzumiya. Now THERE'S a battle worth seeing.

Why is Haruhi even in this list? She can't actively control her powers.
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look like Brook is going to be there. What a shame, he is a really great character.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Given that Goku could destroy the Earth in less than thirty seconds without even getting serious, there's no doubt he's stronger.

Heck, Raditz could defeat Luffy with ease. Raditz. That's right, the guy so weak they can grow plant-monsters as strong as him would not be troubled by Luffy. To think that Goku could actually lose to Luffy is blasphemy.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
This particular contest is described as a race. Even without rules, if you destroy the planet containing the finish line, at best you have achieved a draw.

I'm sure the writers will come up with some scenario to keep things interesting to their target audience, even if it seems unrealistic to us. Perhaps the obviously fastest and strongest character (whoever that is) gets distracted, in the best tortoise vs. hare fashion.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
A race you say? Goku can fly, or better yet, teleport.

Now, if it comes down to eating, then it's anyone's game. Even though Goku can devour a banquet on his own, he's up against tough competition in the form of Toriko.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Now, if it comes down to eating, then it's anyone's game. Even though Goku can devour a banquet on his own, he's up against tough competition in the form of Toriko.

Luffy's no slouch there either, but then again, when your made of rubber and can unhinge your jaw like an anaconda, that'd tend to happen probably.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
If they don't fight the crap out of each other, it'll be so out of character. Goku would never miss the chance of fighting strong opponents.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
A race you say? Goku can fly, or better yet, teleport.

Well no he can't teleport. Not unless there's a ki signature at the finish line he recognizes and can lock on to. But he'd win on foot anyway....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2