• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: First Anime Evolution Guests

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aluria

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow this is old news. This was announced a few months ago. They are the first Japanese guests that were announced but I believe that other guests were annouced before them and many other guests have been announced since. I'm excited about Greg Dean coming back for instance.

Oh and one other thing. The convention takes place in Burnaby, not Vancouver.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
aluria wrote:
Wow this is old news. This was announced a few months ago. They are the first Japanese guests that were announced but I believe that other guests were annouced before them and many other guests have been announced since. I'm excited about Greg Dean coming back for instance.

Oh and one other thing. The convention takes place in Burnaby, not Vancouver.

Weird, the press release is dated yesterday.

"Anime Evolution (AE 2006) is primed to be Vancouver's premiere Asian entertainment event where industry and audiences interact directly in an informal setting."

How far is Burnaby from Vancouver?
aluria

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The press release is dated yesterday? Woah, that's weird. ZZ was announced in early March and Kumiko Kato was announced mid Febuary.

Burnaby is basically right beside Vancouver and since its more known than Burnaby, people tend to say both as locations. The convention is in truth located up on Burnaby Mountain which is located in I believe Northern Burnaby.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
edleylamarr

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:02 am Reply with quote
aluria wrote:
The press release is dated yesterday? Woah, that's weird. ZZ was announced in early March and Kumiko Kato was announced mid Febuary.

Burnaby is basically right beside Vancouver and since its more known than Burnaby, people tend to say both as locations. The convention is in truth located up on Burnaby Mountain which is located in I believe Northern Burnaby.

Technically, it would be within the Vancouver metropolitan area (the Greater Vancouver Regional District). So Simon Fraser's Burnaby campus is within that metro area. And yes it is North Burnaby.

That was me sending in the press release btw. I've got a full time job plus being a parent of a toddler which takes up a lot of my time. So it it wasn't til recently I was able to actually send out press releases. So I apologize if the date of the press release is misleading.
celter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote
I saw in Vic Mignogna's site that he'll be attending AE (but the date written there is Aug 18-20 ). And since nobody in AE staff is announcing anything about it then i guess it's still not official.

Damn! why does it always have to be in my birthday Anime cry
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:44 am Reply with quote
Well, most of the guests haven't even been unveiled yet. But it's interesting to see what seems to be an info leak right on Vic's own site.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1